This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Year Hope?

For those of us who have tried everything without any success, what do you think of the outlook for the FUTURE? Is the treatment of dry eye being researched aggressively or relatively passively? Are there any truly promising treatments on the horizon? Just wondering if there is a decent degree of hope to hang on to regarding future developments. I would be interested in getting different people's opinions with respect to this topic of "Future Hope" (whether positive or negative feelings--it's just simply YOUR honest opinion).

Personally I am not positive. Seems like I probably have ocular rosacea and the only research that I've read about is for a diagnostic test which can confirm whether or not you have rosacea. This is fairly pointless to me, why develop a test for something if there is no effective treatment for it anyway. I think the same about some of the tearlab tests. I can actually understand now why most docs don't bother to give a proper diagnosis of dry eye - at the end of the day, there is no treatment that works so why bother.

For those of us who are non-US, it doesn't help that it takes 10 or more years for new treatments to reach us once they are already in widespread use in the USA.

A side effect free steroid drop would be the only thing I could imagine helping me, but this isn't likely to happen.

Comment

I back poppy up on his statement. As a developed nation we're still rather behind on many fronts.

Comment

Working...
      X