This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebecca's blog PTSD and dry eye

I missed this one when it came out on May 10th . . . So I figure others might have missed it as well. . .See the link below.

What an excellent study! For those of us who have suffered post traumatic stress after lasik, this study links dry eyes to depression and PTSD. If I am understanding the study correctly, it would seem that getting a handle on the emotions could result in an improvement of dry eye symptoms. Please feel free to correct me if I am misinterpreting the data.

BTW, Rebecca's blogs contain lots of current research data. There was one recently posted about alcohol and dry eye. . . very interesting. Thanks Rebecca, I really find these blog posts useful. Are others aware of the blog postings at the bottom of the DE talk page?

http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/entry...epression-PTSD

I have always thought that there is a link between dry eyes and anxiety. If you think about how anxiety can cause so many different physical problems and stress is know to be a silent killer, the eye issues seems almost like a sure thing. The big question is how do we stop the cycle of anxiety and then dry eyes when dry eyes might be the cause of the anxiety...

Comment

Working...
    X