This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is hope but its hard

After so much reading on dry eyes, after buying restasis and etc, I will be honest I think there is no magic cure out there. The only cure is '' Let your body cure it '' however the problem as i Mentioned before. How is it possible to give up on the computer in 2012 when its needed for bank transactions, socializing, etc etc I could do it but believe me im turning crazy on giving up on technology as i cant use my phone, laptop or simply go out. I think dry eyes is CHRONIC but its not PERMaNENT. Ive heard 2 stories from 2 different people where a guy has its eyes damaged by chemicals and gets dry eyes but after 2 years, it completely cures. I think its logic no, an inflmmation doesnt get rid easily but its POSSIBLE. Dont give up guys. Life is short however and this isimply life disturbing.

For the past 2 weeks i havent been on the computer and just been to my job and local park and gym, I feel like its elementary all over again. . Another problem with my job is that it needs concentration from my eyes which is like kinda reading, i feel like ive to give up on this job too.

Anyone not going out during night because of dry eyes? I feel like I should try to shop more during days or find other activities then going to a lame ass park but i fear using anything that will gets my condition not to improve (use Interac machine, tv, etc)

I have a dog, a Vizsla. She and I have been going on long walks and spending time at lame ass parks (but mostly dog parks). I do (or I did) online technical marketing for semiconductor companies.

So, here's what I've learned.

It is not a truly good life to spend 10 hours a day in front of a computer. How is that living? You're life is taking place behind an appliance (worse, if your big on social media because that's not even REAL human, 1:1 interaction). Even at an office where you take coffee breaks, and interact with your fellow cubicle crowd. Reading, well yes, great past time, good for the intellect, but you read alone, isolated. TV will rot your brain (now that is really lame ass).

So, going retro is going to the park. Bit by bit I'm starting to come around to the idea that living takes place outside of the computer, reading, and watching TV. I am so bored that I am striking up conversations with all types of different people that normally I would NEVER come in contact with.

This condition may, in the end, help me to look back on and lead a more "quality" life. I mean, just think about it. You're outside in a park surrounded by nature, maybe people, some contemplative, etc. vs. alone behind a computer screen. Hmmmmmmm, what is a "quality" life? Could this possibly be a........"blessing in disguise"?
    Last edited by Cali; 21-Jul-2012, 16:50.

Comment

One thing for sure... finding things to do that do not involve the TV or computer isn't all that bad in the long run. Not saying it doesn't totally suck to be FORCED by our eyes to do so, but on the bright side, like Cali said, there are actually a fair number of enjoyable non-computer, non-TV, things out there that we can still take part in.

Comment

What is happening to me since i moved to a dry weather city is that i spend all my time at home. At home i can watch TV (it doesn't bother me if i put very low brightness), listen to music. That routine 'work-home-work' is a terrible imporverishment of my life.

Cali, i like when someone says that it is chronic but no permanent, and gives us hope that our body will heal itself someday. I can't imagine a major bless if that happens to me. For sure, after the experience in this terrible chronic condition, i would enjoy life as never before.

Comment

I tell you what, my place has been extraordinarily clean since this dry eye thing really decided to flare up worse than it has ever been this past year. This cleaning obsession has definitely kept dust and pet hair at bay which has the added benefit of helping my allergies significantly.

It was hard at first, but then you look for other things to fill that time which you find really aren't so bad after all!

Hang in there--it gets easier. Have you thought of volunteering, learning new recipes, art projects?

Comment

i am planning on volunteering since i cannot work or art projects too--esp since i live alone..i want to learn how to crochet...but someone has to teach me..i am an avid tv watcher.but i am used to glancing up once in awhile and having a magazine or someting in my lap..and i get up a lot tooo....
            Jenny

Comment

Hi Dryeye4ever:

So happy to hear that you are making an effort to avoid the computer. Like the others have said you will eventually find other ways to fill your time even like Cali says if it means talking to people you would never have talked to before. Who knows who you might meet. As regards your work I have a suggestion. I have a pair of WileyX goggles with the foam insert and I find if I take the foam out and wet it and then pat it dry and put it back in it really makes for a good 'moisture chamber'. If they fog up (which they rarely do) then I just move them a few mm away from my face and they unfog quickly. That might help to protect you as you work so that you don't have to quit your job. Something to think about. Keep it up I am liking your attitude....cheers....F/G

Comment

Ive restarted my recent cpu usage but it also due to the fact that without facebook or etc, its hard to get in touch with friends. Do you guys have cell phones? ive stopped using mine. I saw an optha and told me that its not permanent and that it can heal with time, its definitely some encouraging words, now its time to take the steps to heal (omega 3, no cpu usage almost, exercise, etc etc). It's a question of discipline and patience but its worth it in the long run for our LIVES, health BEFORE WEALTH.

Comment

I do but I only use it for calls, keep track of appointments, make myself memos etc. or maybe download a map if I am lost or something. Mind you I am no longer 25 and grew up not needing to depend on media for contact or entertainment and don't need it for work so that makes it easier

Comment

Originally posted by Cali View Post
                    I have a dog, a Vizsla. She and I have been going on long walks and spending time at lame ass parks (but mostly dog parks). I do (or I did) online technical marketing for semiconductor companies.

So, here's what I've learned.

It is not a truly good life to spend 10 hours a day in front of a computer. How is that living? You're life is taking place behind an appliance (worse, if your big on social media because that's not even REAL human, 1:1 interaction). Even at an office where you take coffee breaks, and interact with your fellow cubicle crowd. Reading, well yes, great past time, good for the intellect, but you read alone, isolated. TV will rot your brain (now that is really lame ass).

So, going retro is going to the park. Bit by bit I'm starting to come around to the idea that living takes place outside of the computer, reading, and watching TV. I am so bored that I am striking up conversations with all types of different people that normally I would NEVER come in contact with.

This condition may, in the end, help me to look back on and lead a more "quality" life. I mean, just think about it. You're outside in a park surrounded by nature, maybe people, some contemplative, etc. vs. alone behind a computer screen. Hmmmmmmm, what is a "quality" life? Could this possibly be a........"blessing in disguise"?
                    THUMBS UP to Cali for this excellent wake up call. Has dry eye cases increased with the use of computers and more time indoors? It's certainly more strain on the eyes. I agree, we need to go back to basics and frollick outside, exercise, work outdoors like humans were meant to do. It's working against our biology to sit still, in front of a screen with artificial light stimulating our eyes for hours every day.

Comment

Originally posted by DCRdryeye View Post
                      THUMBS UP to Cali for this excellent wake up call. Has dry eye cases increased with the use of computers and more time indoors? It's certainly more strain on the eyes. I agree, we need to go back to basics and frollick outside, exercise, work outdoors like humans were meant to do. It's working against our biology to sit still, in front of a screen with artificial light stimulating our eyes for hours every day.
                      I feel better indoors. But in general I agree. Tankie has said he feels the symptoms when he sit and stares. I guess if I did a ball sport I would feel better. The problem is that my symptoms are too much bad to do that kind of sport. But I started yoga for the eyes. I think we need to do some gym to our eyes. Doing a ball sport (basketball, volley, football, tennis), we move our eyes constantly. In our adult modern lives we only sit and stares at something all day.

Comment

do you guys know any link for buying restasis without prescription. Also, what is your max on the cpu, i think mor ethen 30 minutes on the cpu is a nono but for me its almost impossible. I dont know there is so much time in a day.

Comment

Working...
                        X