Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone feel this has caused them OCD/anxiety bad?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone feel this has caused them OCD/anxiety bad?

i am goingto a psychologist for overa year now... i feel like im gettin worse..cant take antidepressents..makemy mouth and eyes unbearably dry even after on them for weeks..i do takexanax...i keep pushing my therapist to do cognitive therapy.. not sure what to do .. ive read "brain lock" and other OCD books... anyone else with these issues.. i drive my family and friends crazy with repetitive questions.. wasnever like this before.cant let stuff go.. i swear its my sjogrens and dry eye making this so bad.

help anybody? suggestions???? thanks.:0
    ''
    Jenny

Jenny ~ do you have local support groups to go to regularly? doesn't have to be Sjogrens, could be eg yoga for people maintaining health with various illnesses, or walking/lunch group for example. But it should be a group of like-minded people - you sound an active sort of person who likes to have a plan or schedule and to chat, enjoying sharing skills to help others - is this right, do you think? I'm even wondering how many of your friends are so computer literate about their various medical conditions.
    Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

Jenny. The support groups are not for everyone, i went once only, and found that the thought of going and making sure i was there early and just all round worrying about anything and everything, i gave it a wide berth, your doc will confirm that not everyone finds behaviour therapy is for them and lots of people find it causes them more bother than good; so say "thank's but no thank's"..
      Ask your doc for a different Anti-depressent to try, may i reccomend Venlaflaxine, if we all gave up on everything cos it dont work 1st time? crikey the world would stop spinning..
      Not sure if i have wrote this little tale once already? if a have apolagies in advance!..

First you await an appointment to see the C.B.T team then confirm you will be there, by telephone.
      Turn up at your appointment to be vetted and 'eligible' for therapy, (more anxiety-will they fob me off?)..
      Turn-up nice and early for appointment in a air conditioned waiting room, and endure 5 or 6 women gas-bagging about what was on tv last night and what that cow who is there supervisor has made them do.
      Mandatory half an hour wait, then sod all happens! so i waited another 15 mins, and was now getting anxious about interupting the gossip gang and asking have i been missed? how do i approach them? what do i say? do i apolagise for my rudeness in asking? i bet they get some numpty like me asking this?being impatient all the time? will they talk down to me, cos im here regard mental health? all this and more whizzes through your head, should i simply walk out? that would be letting them down?? then more phone calls, "where were you?" Aaaaaarrrggh!!!... after an hour i plucked up the courage and apolagised for my rudeness in asking "is everything ok?" "cos theres only me here, and has been for nearly an hour!" "am i here on ther right day?" now i look like a pathetic fool...
      Answer came- "sit back down we will ring your doc" she came straight down and called me in.
      And informed me- "i came down and did not see you" "so presumed you were not coming"... I replied "but i remember seeing you"... Then swore!!..
      Now it is a right mess, id got adgitated and asked to leave, she took my breath away with this one!! "well we will have to reschedule, cos the next patient is here!".
      I swore again, told her to **** right off! and asked what kind of 'behavior therapy is this place' ??? then burst out of the door into the corridor, gave the door a right good slam as well!.. Yep you guessed it! the corridor leading back into the waiting room was operated with a security code.. Ooops!!.
      I then had to go back in, and ask "can i get out please". She sat me back down and said, the next patient is going to have to wait, let me make you a referral as you are eligable for 'behavior therapy' wont take 5 mins of your time.. I apolagised a few times then got out of there quick with my new appointment to see the C.B.T team.. Where was it located?? right slap bang in the town center!, sandwiched between the department stores! absolutley no-where to park within 10 mins, talk about low-key, all they needed was a flashing light outside- "mental health patients- this way".. I went in, again no-idea where youre going etc, more anxiety than it's bleedin well worth!.
      We spoke about the best way to suck-eggs, (how to state the obvious). I never went back... told my doc at next appointment, and he assured me "dont worry, you have not let them down, plenty of people dont go back, they are used to it!"...

Comment

I recommend finding a good hypnotist, they can work wonders...F/G

Comment

I don't disagree with much Colin says but I found CBT to be helpful. I agree when Colin says it's not for everyone but you won't know whether or not it's for you unless you try it.

Comment

Originally posted by robster View Post
            I don't disagree with much Colin says but I found CBT to be helpful. I agree when Colin says it's not for everyone but you won't know whether or not it's for you unless you try it.
            And yep! i would agree with you there Robster..

Comment

Anything that is beyond your control will make you slightly over anxious, it is actually a natural reaction but if it takes over and you spiral down, then yes you do need to find the right sort of crutch. CBT for me was not that great, probably because the person did not accept I had a genuine problem, so not a good way to strart out.
              I am very severe in the dry eye stakes and really do need to start looking at a support system, whether it is on the mind body and spirit level or on a medical one. I have had to accept that this is probably not going to go but at least I hope for a lessening of symptoms as my quality of life is really quite poor now. I have a great husband and this at least helps my sanity as we have had to adapt out lifestyle in a big way. Try out different styles of counselling, some people have had some good results, dont neccessarily listen to people like me as I have just been a bit unlucky. Actually the worse my therapies became, the more defiant and self reliant I have become and this has given me the confidence I needed to stand up and "correct" some of the more narrow minded people I have come across. Goodness knows what some of them wrote about me on files, but to be honest they really have not had a clue and I have had to be quite definate about this when dealing with the doctors. I used to be crest fallen when I realised that those folk whom I thought might offer some insight just simply made their own erroneous judgements and thought I might have a somatic disorder, they proved themselves fans of pop psycology!
              No, you have to reach out and hopefully you may find an insightful therapist whom is willing to start from the premise that you do have a real physical problem and may be able to help you develop some good daily coping skills.
              Good luck Jenny, its not your fault you ask lots of questions, I was constantly questioning.
              Lulu x

Comment

thanks to all of you.. still searching for a new therapist.. sticking to the one i have for now while i look--she is supposed to help me find a new one too...
                im just frustrated cause i have sjogrens and mgd..and now its my right eye constantly dry and burning...
                Lulu.. what u said really hit home--i know i prob wont get better but i have to find ways to deal with it better and live my life...thank u to everyone..ps.. i too
                think that the more my therapist pisses me off the more defiant i become and the more i want to get 'better'..
                Jenny

Comment

Jenny,

Does your therapist not believe your eye pain? I am seeing a psychiatrist that had LASIK around the same time I did with the same surgeon. He had the usual dry eyes after. He listens to me, but I don't think he really understands. I was really, really bad mentally a month ago. I totally understand all the depression and OCD thoughts. Dry eye makes life so hard.
                  Lasik victim 2012

Comment

Farmgirl, can you expand on the hypnotism thing? Have you done it? Does it work? What do they do...all I know is what I've seen in the movies?

Comment

Working...
                    X