Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

had my first day of school yesterday....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• had my first day of school yesterday....

Yesterday was my first day of school. It went ok. I used lotemax and it helped me get through school day. I had to goto work right after that, my eyes as,always, get bad i'm evening.

I'm upset because this morning I woke up with my left eye feeling swollen,......like its about to explode out of by socket..... I haven't had this feeling i'm awhile, really all summer....and bam! I get the swollen feeling the day after I start school? i'm getting so much anxiety that i'm ruining all the progress I've been making towards recovery. I want to get to a point where I am comfortable and able to tolerate this...i'm now just really afraid this truly is affecting my recovery....

I guess I need more words of encouragement because i'm very upset and sad about this situation.

Hi Vivian,

I felt the same way about returning to work. I babied my eyes this summer with onion goggles, ziena oasis glasses, wiley x sun glasses. As soon as I start working again I am having not only eye ball pain, but pain the radiates around the socket, down my cheek, and into my forehead. I have never experienced this before. Maybe it is just the stress of returning to work and you school with this mess. I am hoping that I can rest over the three day weekend and allow my eye to recover some. Try to find time in your day where you can rest your eyes. I know you are super busy with school and work, but see if you get in some time where you can keep your eyes closed for awhile and just relax. Have you thought about having the custom moisture chambers made? Mine work well in the AC environment of my school. The protection they provide is not as good as the onion goggles, but they look so much better. I hope everything gets better. If you are ever free we can meet up and discuss our hell together.
    All the best, Bianca
    Lasik victim 2012

Comment

Vivian, How much Lotemax are you using? Do you have a steroid regime for guidance?
      Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

there is a place out here in corinth that does custom goggles. I will need to look into that! And I woulf love to meet up. Im at the university of north Texas and I live in denton as well. Its so strange, I know there are a good amoubt of dry eye sufferers in texas, but I feel like im the only one in denton!

LM
        When I got the drops thy didnt really specify a regime. They I can use it every other day and on really bad days. I will see them in a few weeks, but as of right now I will be using them once a day on days I have school (m w f) and on weekends (but only if I go out on town or something.)

Comment

The two worse days of my symptoms were the first two day when I came back to my job after vacation. The burning was unbearable under that AC. Despite I was fine during vacations (excepct for two days when i went to cinema and when I tveled to other city), when i came back to work it was unbeliveable. I didn't wear moisture chamber glasses at that time.

Try moisture chmaber glasses. It was the only thing that gave me relief at work.

Comment

Ive been having bad days since. the weekend was ok only b/c I used my steroid drops (had labor day festivities to goto)....today I haven't used them and my eyes are very inflamed....but we did go out to grocery shop and what not... i did wear a hat but that didnt help i guess...

Comment

Originally posted by bakunin View Post
              The two worse days of my symptoms were the first two day when I came back to my job after vacation. The burning was unbearable under that AC. Despite I was fine during vacations (excepct for two days when i went to cinema and when I tveled to other city), when i came back to work it was unbeliveable.
              Total agreement with this post. I find Mondays are the worst for me, going back into the crazy AC'd office. After long weekends even worse. Tuesday is generally easier, I think the eyes just need to get use to the crap air a little bit.

Comment

Hey vivian,

Youre not alone....Im another young dry eye sufferer. i was really depressed my first week of orientation for PA school since i thought my eyes were ready to handle 8 hours of a/c. They definitely weren't. Its definitely hard feeling like youre the only one going through this type of pain/feeling, but at times like this i tell myself i can't put my life on hold for a problem like dry eyes. I won't let it ruin everything ive worked so hard for over my life. You can pm if you like cause at times i feel the same way as you.

Comment

I just feel that i have regressed in my progress in a matter of a week.

the past couple days have been horrible. my eyes usually would not be super inflamed at night time when i got work but last night I noticed they weren't slighty pionk (which I can handle) but were very inflamed (as in the veins were very noticable, and really only in my left eye). It just a let down when I think my my eyes are doing much better with the serum drops and all, as well as the occasional useage of steroid drops. I truly thought there was hope for it to become manageable. but now all i want to do is quit school...

Comment

Hey Vivian,

I was worried that my serum drops weren't helping. The compounding pharmacy told me I should use them four times a day, up to six times a day. One of the posters here mentioned that his/her doc said eight times a day minimum is required for any result (sorry, helpful poster....forgot your name). I always had so much left in the vials, I decided to give it a try with the eight times per day.

I still get a little "sting-ey" with prolonged computer use, but my eyes feel pretty good so far at 8 x per day. No lid sticking or dragging.

Over the weekend, I wore some supposedly non-runny eyeliner (mistake) and eyes got inflamed, but the Durezol I used calmed it down right away. Won't do that again. Not sure if you wear eye makeup or not but the stuff is a killer for me.

So do you apply the doses throughout the day, spaced a few hours apart? I'm contemplating getting one of those little battery powered travel coolers that diabetics use for insulin so that I won't be without them if I have to attend a meeting or something off-site. A pain, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Comment

Well I can really only afford to use one bottle a week....so i do about 6 drops a day.

I only wear make up when I go out to a dancehall or something, but even with that I use my steroids.

I don't have a set schedule usually one when I wake up, another before I go to school, when I get back,one before a certain part of my shift, one after the big rush at shift, then one at night when I get back (is that 6??) when I get closer to the time the bottle needs to get thrown away and if I have a lot left I'll use it more (the bottles are never filled exacty the same length!) I am lucky so far, I usually put it in my big lunch sack haha! but I should eventually get one of those you were talking about!

Comment

Working...
                      X