This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So confused, need advice

Okay so im nicolas im 20 years old , i 'm french and i have a severe dry eye syndrome and i have a lot of inflammation 'my eyes are pretty irritated. It's been almost a year that i'm struggling against those dry eyes witch almost drove me to suicide, and after many trials and fails, i have been prescribed ciclosporin 0.05%. The doctor gave me hope and told me that during the first month the side effects are pretty hards, but that i resist.. It's been one month and one week and i still have the side effects...
    Moreover, i bought BLEPAHSTEAM because my warm compress always failed ( it cools down too fast, it can burn ect..) and i know that i have mgd because i can clearly see that my glands are very clogged. It has been one month that i have been doing blephasteam 3 times a day and so far i don't see any improvement, my eyes are still dry bone, they burn, they are red, the only thing that has improved is that the big meibomian kists that i used to have on my lids are less frequents and smaller. By the way i have been on doxy 100mg once a day since 1,5 month, and i have been taking taking 3 teaspoon of flaxseed oil before bed and two caps of omega 3 (minami nutrition) since one week.( i upgraded the dose because classic doses of omea 3 do nothing for me)
    So i don't know maybe i should try four times a day??
    I'm pretty worried because i consider that after 1.5 month of doxycylcine and 1 month of blephasteam 3 times a day, i should see and feel improvement, but NOTHING. I won't give up and stop anything of course, but it's very very depressing...

Hi there, so sorry to hear what you're going through!

Originally posted by nicolasdu92130 View Post
    i have been prescribed ciclosporin 0.05%. The doctor gave me hope and told me that during the first month the side effects are pretty hards, but that i resist.. It's been one month and one week and i still have the side effects...
    Please describe the side effects?

Some people have something almost like an allergic reaction to Restasis and can't continue using it. But the common problem is burning and maybe some redness. One thing some people do that reduces this effect is to 'buffer' it by using some artificial tears or saline in their eyes about 10 minutes before putting the drug in. You might want to try that.

Moreover, i bought BLEPAHSTEAM because my warm compress always failed ( it cools down too fast, it can burn ect..) and i know that i have mgd because i can clearly see that my glands are very clogged.
    Can you try a homemade rice baggy? Be careful about the temperature... but at the right temperature it should stay warm for 10-15 minutes. Do some gentle lid massage afterwards.

the only thing that has improved is that the big meibomian kists that i used to have on my lids are less frequents and smaller.
    Well, that's progress and should give you some hope that with continued treatment things will continue to improve.

I'm pretty worried because i consider that after 1.5 month of doxycylcine and 1 month of blephasteam 3 times a day, i should see and feel improvement, but NOTHING. I won't give up and stop anything of course, but it's very very depressing...
    I'm really sorry but please don't give up hope. Reversing severe MGD like this is a SLOW PROCESS. And sometimes things start looking better (I mean test results at the dr's office may start appearing better) before you actually feel better.

In the meantime could you possibly try some moisture chamber glasses to help you feel better? They're not very attractive but sometimes comfort is more important than anything else!!

About the redness: If you are using artificial tears, be very careful to observe what happens when you use them, even if they always make you feel better. Some people develop sensitivities or allergies to some of the ingredients in an artificial tear and don't realize that it's actually making them worse. Also make sure you're not using any over-the-counter drops with preservatives in them if possible.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
    X