Does anyone get better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone get better?

I've been dealing with this for 3 months and I only seem to get worse. Please, does anyone get better...

i have a little better with anti allergy drop

Comment

I'm trying to wrap my mind around this too. But I figure that people who get better probably recover and then don't come back on the site. The people who do not fare well with treatment post on here with horror stories. Best to keep that in mind, lest you be discouraged by all of these negative things. I'm trying to focus on getting better. And hope that I'm one of the ones who simply go on with my life happily.

Comment

I guess the triumph section in this forum proves they do get better. It is crucial to read a lot about dry eyes – not only about how people got better but also about the causes of dry eyes (and there are plenty of them). Do not rely only on eye doctors' knowledge, because their knowledge is very often poor in this respect. Also, if an eye doctor tells you "no one knows what the cause is" or "there can be hundreds of causes" (implying there is no point in looking for one), go to another one.
        Determine what type of dry eyes you have (aqueous or evaporative), start looking for a cause (see if you have any other symptoms of a given cause, try various types of eye drops/gels (preferably preservative-free) and see which helps you best.

Comment

Yes, I have improved by 50%-60% since my diagnosis.

Comment

yes things always seem to improve even if there is no recovery (that doesn't mean one day some drug wont come out that WILL do this, don't loose hope) at the start of my dry eye journey i never thought i would have a normal life again, ive done endless research and tried countless things (most of which i read on here or read about it papers but many things i thought of myself as it was on my mind 24-7) and ive had an improvement, im doing things that would of been unheard of last year (open windows when in car, forget to add oil sometimes at night ect) . what i mean is, you find things that work for you (hot compress, oils, the right moisture chambers) and you take it one day at a time.don't listen to a single stupid opthamologist that tells you, you cant get better. there is always a course, you just have to find yours.
            since i didn't listen to my doctor and did my own research then went to private doctors and had more tests done, I found out i have Lyme disease and my first ever symptom was dry eye. NOTHING ELSE. not one single symptom until a year later (. Now thats not to say you cant have lyme and dry eye ) i saw some great improvements after abx but no a cure, im still work in progress. im NEVER giving up ever getting to the bottom of all my health issues. i also found out i have an iron issue (linked to dry eye, i just tweeted a study on it showing iron issues thin the surface of the eye) also EBV (like mono) which can also cause dry eye. how can i have ALL THESE issues and yet i was the one who found out i had them, i was the one who insisted on the tests.so now i will seek treatment for these and see whats next. there are literally endless possibilities to what can create dry eye.
            anyway a bit of a rant there. but it pains me so much to see people feeling that hopeless feeling i once i had just a year ago. dont give up, this place can be depressing so don't read to many horror stories, many times people write on there when they are at there lowest reaching out to others at there lowest.
            People have recovered, so can we.
            www.twitter.com/EyeGirlfriend)

Comment

I agree 100%. I've learned more on the board than I have from the doctors that I have seen. I was also told that I have a chronic and progressive condition and that it is already severe. Hogwash. I have found ways to improve. Use the search function here, and dig. And then dig around on the Internet some more.

Comment

Working...
              X