Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vismed multi, preservative free, 0.18 eye drop

Hello Everyone!!
    Has anyone tried Vismed? If so, can you get it here in the US or do you have to go through Forman's Chemist out of England?
    If you can let me know it would be great appreciated.
    Thanks.
    Leelu

you cannot get them here. hyaluronic acid drops are mostly available everywhere but the United States.

Comment

VIS MED hyaluronic acid eye drops

Originally posted by grant555 View Post
      you cannot get them here. hyaluronic acid drops are mostly available everywhere but the United States.
      Today I found VIS MED hyaluronic acid eye drops on amazon.com

It was reasonably priced. Search for it under "Health"

Comment

Any idea what the difference might be between the Vis Med GEL and the DROPS?

Comment

Hi Leelu,
          s
          I recently purchased VISMED from Amazon.com. So far, it is working well for me. I've tried just about every OTC eye drop there is for dry eyes, and only VISMED gives me a few hours of relief. I am concerned whether it could damage my eyes if I continue to use it long term, but I cannot find on the Internet any information that confirms my fear.

LesYou

Comment

LesYou - are you referring to the MultiDose Gel with the dropper bottle (as opposed to the 25 individual vials)? What other drops did you try prior to using these, and which did you find to be the best for you prior to using VisMed? Do you have MGD and AD?

Comment

On a related note, has anyone here tried Hycosan Extra or Clinitas Hyrdate?

Comment

No. I am referring to the Sodium hyaluronate 0.3%, VISMED vials. I also use Refresh Celluvisc when I am at home and able to apply more drops when I need to. It is thick and really coats your eyes. You get a lot of comfort from this product too, and it is available in the USA. At night, I use Refresh ointment.

Again, because the FDA has not approved the use of VISMED, I fear it may cause harm if used too often for too long a time. I see my ophthalmologist in a week, and I plan to ask him about its use.

I had Lasik surgery in 2004. It caused my dry eye issue.

I hope this helps.

Comment

Oasis Tears Plus is also sodium hyaluronate 0.3%.
                  Rebecca Petris
                  The Dry Eye Foundation
                  dryeyefoundation.org
                  800-484-0244

Comment

Thanks very much. I did not know about Oasis Tears Plus.

Comment

I just researched Oasis Tears Plus and found the active ingredient is Glycerin (0.2%). There is no mention of sodium hyaluronate.

Comment

Working...
                      X