No announcement yet.

I need a pep talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People are often made up of their experiences or lack of experiences. It’s not an excuse for all of them, because some people will never change, but I will have to say after going through Dry Eye hell and coming out the other end, I personally have so much more empathy than before for anyone who is suffering from painful andor depressing physical, mental, or social situations.
    What I don’t get it is why people question and do not even attempt to accept what others tell them. If empathy was more prevalent, world would for sure be a better place.

Comment

Yeah, especially when it’s someone we know well. It feels like they don’t trust us and/or think they know better than we do, the last thing we need instead of getting support and empathy when we are struggling.

Comment

I'll write more tomorrow... eyes are too sore to type more today. Thanks to all for the comments. <3

Comment

Last edited by SAAG; 12-Apr-2019, 01:38.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokucat View Post
            SAAG, I remember pulling everything I could get together for just a few seconds, so I could smile with my eyes forced opened and not look in pain for family pictures.
            Yes, I can completely relate to that.

Last edited by SAAG; 10-Jan-2022, 20:49.

Comment

Last edited by SAAG; 12-Apr-2019, 01:38.

Comment

Thanks for the update SAAG. Great to hear the new glasses and meditation/sleep are helping you. Was worried about you! But sounds very promising that you can go outside, and watch a movie and check emails pain-free, as from personal experience I remember how painful and impossible those things were! Am hopeful you will continue to progress.

Comment

Last edited by SAAG; 12-Apr-2019, 01:39.

Comment

Last edited by SAAG; 12-Apr-2019, 01:39.

Comment

So, so glad that the glasses are helping. Just a little incremental difference in one thing, sometimes, is all it takes to turn one particular corner.

In fact I think sometimes (not thinking about you specifically, just pondering this in general) I think that the problem can loom so large to us at times that it doesn't even occur to us that tweaking details might be enough for today's need.

I downloaded Headspace, kind of having fun with it! Thanks for the tip!

I love this quote: "I wish everyone out there who suffers from this and feels alone in it knew about this forum so they could talk it out with people here... Facebook groups are good, but forums offer the opportunity to choose an anonymous username and therefore speak more freely without worries about what people who know you might think if they saw what you wrote." Do you mind if I quote you on this SAAG ?

Not everybody likes to write copiously like us and the FB groups are good for instant gratification and instant "contextualization" of a question. But... for anonymity and any actual discussion or really getting into any issue or description, forums really are so much better.
                      Rebecca Petris
                      The Dry Eye Foundation
                      dryeyefoundation.org
                      800-484-0244

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Petris View Post
                        I love this quote: "I wish everyone out there who suffers from this and feels alone in it knew about this forum so they could talk it out with people here... Facebook groups are good, but forums offer the opportunity to choose an anonymous username and therefore speak more freely without worries about what people who know you might think if they saw what you wrote." Do you mind if I quote you on this SAAG ?
                        I don't mind at all. Can you mark it as said by a forum user though, not specifically by me? I prefer to just blend in among all the users here :-) If people really want to know who said it, they can search the forum.

Last edited by SAAG; 12-Apr-2019, 01:40.

Comment

Posted, then thought better of it and deleted it all. Sorry!
                          Last edited by SAAG; 06-Feb-2019, 10:11.

Comment

Last edited by SAAG; 12-Apr-2019, 01:40.

Comment

Working...
                            X