Something that can help right NOW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something that can help right NOW

I highly recommend meditation - it is great for clearing the mind of stress.
    Last edited by SAAG; 10-Jan-2022, 20:43.

I concur. It's a great app, even the free version. Really helps you clear your mind, if even for a short while.

Comment

Absolutely. I am also a fan of You are not your pain book. It includes guided meditation and also mindfulness and pain research, and some form of CBT. I was not able to continue seeing psychologists who do not know first hand what chronic pain feels like. If anything, I felt more angry after seeing them.

This book is written by authors going through chronic pain and their advice and understanding of the situations calms me down.

That being said, I have also paid for a yearly Headspace subscription last year, and use it pretty often! I need to get back on track with the practice.

Comment

Originally posted by hopeful_hiker View Post
        Absolutely. I am also a fan of You are not your pain book. It includes guided meditation and also mindfulness and pain research, and some form of CBT. I was not able to continue seeing psychologists who do not know first hand what chronic pain feels like. If anything, I felt more angry after seeing them.

This book is written by authors going through chronic pain and their advice and understanding of the situations calms me down.
        Oh cool... I'm going to check out that book.
        Last edited by SAAG; 10-Jan-2022, 20:44.

Comment

Working...
        X