Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Positive look on relationships

Hey everyone,

I have realized that this disease in a lot of ways has made me a better person. Sure, I may not be that bubbly care-free girl all the time but I am a lot more compasionate.

Lately too I have found that you just need to get back out there and start meeting people. I broke up with my college boyfriend of four years and it was really hard but the right thing. Now I have been seeing a lot of great guys right now and although I deal with self-concious issues I dont' think they really mind too much (I think we need to realize that not everyone looks at eyes as much as we do----I never noticed any eye redness in anyone until I got DES).

I guess in a way I think this disease might be a blessing. It might take a little longer to find the right person but you will find someone who doesn't care if you have red eyes or need to wear glasses. I know it sounds kind of stupid but you don't want to be with someone who cares about those things anyway. I feel that they will respect you more, knowing that you can get on with life even though you suffer as much as you do.

It is really hard though looking back on how life use to be so carefree. But I am deteremined that everything in this life happens for a reason. My friend just caught a staph infection yesterday and is now paralized from the waste down (21 years old). There are no guarentees in life, and I hope we all find some relief!!

Your is a very nice post, Dryeye. There really are no guarantees in life, are there?

I'm happy to know you are meeting some nice, thoughtful guys.

Diana
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Working...
    X