Feeling very down today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeling very down today

I know I need to stay away from this board to keep my eyes from ruining my life...but I feel so very sad today, and can't seem to kick it.

I know regret and worry do me no good right now - I know all of this. But I just can't help but kick myself over and over for having lasik so naively. I figured I went to a good university facility, and they would take care of me from there...........why was I so dumb! I can't help but look back over everything and read all these reports.............and then review my charts, and try to figure all of this out. But really, I'm just in pain, and my life is changed, and I feel terrible grief and sadness most all of the time.

Tomorrow marks 4 months post-op. I am doing everything I can, everything recommended to me here, and while I have moments of things being okay -- I look in a mirror and all I see are sad, irritated eyes. Not to mention I have had increased starbursting at night (increased since the first few months after surgery). SOOO much to worry about -- it's 24-7.

I have so much going for me in other areas of life, I just can't believe that I have ruined it. I feel so lost, like I've been living an alternate universe this past 4 months.

I do have a great dry eye buddy...........but I just wanted to vent a little farther I guess - hope that's okay. Thanks to everyone who has communicated with me via email and PM. And thanks for listening.

~Laura

Laura

DO NOT play the self blame game. You did nothing wrong by trusting a physician. When the day comes when Lasik surgeons, who seem to have no restrictions on how they market and "sell" this procedure, are held to the same standards as car salesman and other sellers of BS, THEN you can hold yourself somewhat accountable. Basically, they are calling it medicine when it's to their advantage to do so (when things go wrong) but it's not much more than a haircut when they are trying to "sell" you on it.

I know how hard it is for you right now. But don't add self blame if you can help it.

By the way, I used to sell used cars and in my day, there were laws we had to abide by and consequences we had to pay if we tried to decieve the public. Lasik surgeons can't refund your vision or your quality of life.

Hang in there and know that we all understand what you are dealing with.

Natalie

Comment

Laura,
      I am sorry you are having a down day but you have come to the right place for support. So many of us have been where you are now. Four months is not a long time for recovery from lasik. I didnt comprehend it when my 2nd opinion dr. said it would take quite awhile for things to resolve themselves. I know its tough especially on the really down days but try and be patient...you have not ruined your life it will get better !!!!! We are all rooting for you and totally understand your frustration...Hang in there.. Peggy

Comment

Hi Laura,

I hope today has been a better day for you. Try to hang in there. The only thing I can say is that I have been exactly where you are, and I promise that you are going to get through this. I know how hard it is though. Try to take care of yourself, and write if you need to.

-Shells

Comment

Working...
        X