Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needing a change

Hello again,

I've posted on here before, asking questions, getting some good advice - pushing me to go to the doctors and then the eye hospital. I've been diagnosed with Atopic Conjunctivitis (allergic to most things) and tried a handfull of eye drops - currently the one I'm using is definatley the best, but, my situation at the moment is not giving it the time to work.

I work in a hot steamy dry kitchen, I have done in various kitchens for the past ten years (I'm not a chef, just a general dogsbody, so money is always tight), my current job was just so I could be nearer my fiance.

Anyway, my eye problems have been very up-and-down, I have good days, bad days, good weeks, bad weeks - currently I'm on a bad week and I'm off sick again basically because I just can't take it anymore.

Average day at work :

-Sore sensitive dry eyes
    -My eyes get red
    -Redness sometimes escalates horribly
    -Headaches - sometimes migraines
    -Back Ache
    -Neck Ache
    -Lethargic
    -No self esteem
    -Depression

I'm going to the Doctors today to ask her if she can sign me off again and I want to hand in my notice and see if I can apply for benefits.

I need to stop working in such a nasty enviroment, rest my eyes, give the drops some time to improve my eyes (if that's possible) and then I would like to retrain and go straight back to work, but somewhere with better conditions for my eyes and some place that will give me my self esteem back.

Trouble is I feel guilty for thinking about applying for benefits (never ever considered it before) even though it will only be short term.

That's me up to today, sorry for the very long post, I just needed to get that off my chest.

Better get ready for the doctors, thanks for listening.

Simon
    Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.

Well I went and spoke to my Doctor today, she was lovely and supportive, signed my me off for a whole month to see if there's some improvement in myself.

Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.

Comment

Originally posted by Tetley View Post
      Well I went and spoke to my Doctor today, she was lovely and supportive, signed my me off for a whole month to see if there's some improvement in myself.

That's great ....!! you ll be better i m sure

Comment

Working...
      X