itching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• itching

I have severe itching in my eyes. The itching is just like an itch from an insect bite.

I dont believe that dry eyes will do this. What should i do?

There are also visible signs such as a red spot growing on the lid and also on the inner bit of the eyes.

itching can be a sign of an allergy, i feel for you, i know us in the states take our medical system for granted. please keep trying to get to a doctor. ron.

Comment

Itching is a symptom of dry eye syndrome. Use lots of eye drops and try to see your eye physician as soon as you can.
      Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Originally posted by kitty View Post
        Itching is a symptom of dry eye syndrome. Use lots of eye drops and try to see your eye physician as soon as you can.
        but there are different kinds of itching are there not?

would dry eye give you itching just like an itch from an insect bite?

Comment

kim, everyone of our problems are different, even though we may all get lumped in to the general dry eye, rosacea, mgd catagory, our treatments and what works for each of us may be totally different. i love a drop, that a friend of mine cant even get near his eye. the problem is, dry eye, even as prevalant as it is, is widely misunderstood, and mistreated. It will take you awhile my friend, but keep fighting, if you put in the effort, you will eventually see some results. i promise ya that buddy. take it easy.

Comment

My eyes itched very badly when I was between erosion cycles. I likened it to how a scab itches when the skin heals.

However, Ronny is so right. Knowing your particular problems and how they are unique to you are key to getting this problem under control.

One thing that should apply to everyone: Do not rub your eyes!

This is one thing that people say all of the time, and it is easy to ignore. However, I believe that the one time I did it, and it felt so good at the time, it made things worse.

--Liz

Comment

Originally posted by kim View Post
              but there are different kinds of itching are there not?

would dry eye give you itching just like an itch from an insect bite?
              Everyone is different. At times my DES itching is similar to that of an insect bite and so intense I want to rub my eyes out. Other times it is nothing more than annoying.
              Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

I also get intense itching at times. I had it yesterday and I felt like Kitty said, like I wanted to rub my eyes out. I got a little relief from warm compresses. Sometimes cold compresses help, too. Yes, it was as bad as an insect bite, for me it was worst right in the inside corners, but the entire eyelids itched. This happens from time to time and I never know why. I just do what I can and don't rub.

I have occasionally used allergy drops like Pataday. Sometimes they help, sometimes not. There is a lot of trial and error that we all go through.

Lynda

Comment

kim, go to an Emergency Room. That's the only place a doctor will look at your eyes. There are no doctors on here. Lucy
                  Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Working...
                  X