Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dry eye- permanent or temporary?

http://www.optrex.co.uk/healthcare_p...n_dry_eyes.php

This is a manufacturers website which explains some points about dry eyes.

But it gives the impression that dry eye is a temporary condition. Why do some people experience it temporarily whilst others have it permanently?

Originally posted by kim View Post

But it gives the impression that dry eye is a temporary condition. Why do some people experience it temporarily whilst others have it permanently?
    This would be a good question to pose to Dr. Latkany in his Q & A forum.
    Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Originally posted by kim View Post

I don't think it implied that it is a temporary condition. The website noted some causes of mild, temporary dry eye, which are mostly environmental such as staring at the computer screen, and wind, dust and smoke exposure. I would expect that most if not all of the people here are in the moderate to severe and long-term category whose cause of DES is other than environmental. If your DES is due to environmental conditions, then environmental modifications and eye drops should clear it up.
      Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

In westen medicine, it is a permanent long team illness, because no drugs can cure and they also don't know much on the illness' reason.
        LASIK induce dry eye, saying temporatry but lots become permanent...

A permanent disease even cancer can be heal yourself, do you hear much of that? Lots of allergy is permanent, but some can be heal.

Comment

I consider dry eye to be a "chronic" condition - that can be managed
          just like lot of other chronic conditions eg skin disorders like excema and dermatitis ;arthritis fibromyalgia,chronic bronchitis asthma etc etc
          The management of dryeye is more elusive and individual maybe than some of the above mentioned - but with trial and error experimentation i believe it CAN be managed
          Personally i find i can manage mine for quite long periods - Its always there ,but I REFUSE to let it dominate my life and i am always looking for new things (however small ) that may help
          It ends up that the treatment and regime i used last year is not the same as the present one
          I think peace of mind comes with acceptence and if i have a bad day i try to tell myself it will go away again , and remind myself that i have gone for months at a time when i managed just fine and will do so again
          The main thing is not to let it stop you doing the things you want to do

Comment

Working...
          X