Psychological Dry Eyes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Psychological Dry Eyes

One of my thoughts is my subconscious mind created the dry eyes as a defense against me wearing contact lenses. I have some other thoughts as to why my subconscious would create it. I know that may sound hokey, but I have tried everything else under the sun, and why else would a healthy young man have such sever dry eyes. I am trying self hypnosis to remedy it. So far no success story, but the interesting thing is it does seem to piss the dry eyes off. With an hour or so of self hypnosis I can make my dry eyes worse. Not exactly the desired effect, but it shows there is a correlation! I encourage you to try it and if it helps. Please let me know.

69Charger

Emotion affect body health is obvious. Immune system malfunction is one that would cause lots of unknown illness.

Upset can cause immeditate turn bad of the eye. I had many experience in front of the mirror...

Sadness is a bad thing for the liver system. Keep optimistic is good drug for all disease.

Comment

re: psychological dry eye

what happens if you go a few weeks without wearing contacts? it would make sense that your brain would reward you psychologically with tears if the same holds true for the reason behind your dry eye to begin with. i do know that psychological pain is just as painful as that from an injury so you may be right about the reason. i'd go to a doctor to rule out medical reasons before i totally buy into the psychological reasoning. good luck!

Comment

I have a new theory that meibomian gland dysfunction is mostly just an immune response that originates from the gut(intestines). the immune response created by a leaky gut, where undigested food particles are able to leak into the blood stream without first being broken down to a single amino acid molecule. this is what i believe is happening. also, their is a correlation with how often one has bowel movements, when delayed, it appears that toxins in the large intestine that would otherwise leave the body, actually are reabsorbed or leak into the blood stream causing even more inflammation. has anyone else noticed this?

rhad

Comment

Rhad,

I am flollowwing a strict diet along those lines though I take friday evenings off . I am eating mostly an organic raw food vegetarian diet and drinking 16onz of fresh veggie juice per day. I was in such an awful place with my eye after lasik that I decided to bite the bullet and overhaul my diet. I knew someone who did this years ago, and I thought she was crazy, and here I am years later trying it.

The basis for my diet is that toxins in my body are slowing down my healing, and if I can get those toxins out, and not put any more in, than maybe my body will have the time and the chance to help heal my post lasik eye. My relationship to food is no longer "how will it taste" but "what benifit will this provide for my body" And is it working? Well I am about to post in the "triump" section.

I have to listen to a lot of negative comments from people about my approach to my healing, people telling me that my healing is all in my head and has nothing to do with my diet, but the fact is that nothing the Dr.'s could give me provided me with any relief, and I was so disillusioned after having Lasik that I was willing to try the 'alternative" approach. I can't say this will work for everyone, I can't prove taht my eyes wouldn't have got better all by themselves, all I know is that my eye feels so much better and health wise i feel so much better.

If you are interested Rhad I can PM you some links.

As for contacts and dry eye, i do know you can't wear contacts if you have dry eye, and i read somewhere that wearing contacts for an extended period of time can cause dry eye as it can have an impact on the oil glands.

bernadette

Comment

Working...
          X