Dear Chris:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Chris:

(Yes, of course there's lots of Chrises out there. But you know who you are )

1) Keep your chin up.

It is going to get better. Trust me! It really, really, really is. I've heard a lot and I haven't heard anything that leads me to believe there's any likelihood you're going to be feeling like this a year from now. And I'm not just saying that.

2) Focus on mental health improvement as a vital, repeat, vital factor in making progress with your eye situation.

Yup, I'm talking anti-depressants. Just Do It. There comes a point when anxiety or acute situational depression can harm you much more than dry eye does and when it interferes with any chance of making progress with your eyes. Don't be afraid of eye side effects. It's only a possibility, not a probability, and if it happens, it's better to suck it up in the short term in order to get yourself in a better place to improve things long term. Read the dark place thread a few times - and try to focus on the to-dos, not the commiserating.

It is OK to be where you are... nobody should be beating themselves up over how they got there... but it is not OK to stay there because it is a dangerous place to hunker down in. You've got to claw your way out bit by bit.

3) Get into your Panoptx and get off the computer for 72 hours straight.

NO EXCEPTIONS. Just do it, nonstop. Don't sneak in a little break. No exceptions. You've simply got to make yourself do it. Make a note of how you're feeling when you start and then again how you're feeling 72 hours later... physically and emotionally. About the Panoptx, never mind if you don't think they help - try this combination with no breaks and see what happens. About the computer, I know this board is a blessing to many informationally but it is also a curse to those who are where you are. There is a place where so many have been when they read and read but the information enters their brains through a filter of fear that seems to strip hope away. When that's happening it's time to get off the board and rely more if possible on real-time human contact - email, phone etc.

I am so glad you have a dedicated and highly capable advocate pulling for you. She is a real treasure. You're going to make it through this. Hang in there and don't forget to reach out to others for help.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244
Working...
X