Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its tough when you cant find the reason for the pain we feel. I have been there and its tough. I had go to many drs although im in the us and its easier to find help doesent mean they are better drs. I went to many before I found the one that reffered me to the dr I see now. I know how frusterating this is. I have found out that I have "one of the worst cases of mgd I have ever seen" as Dr korb told a coligue from sweeden last month that was there to see dr korbs paitients. The funny part is that mass eye and ear said the week before that my eyes were great! so its very hard find a good eye dr and in europe its that much harder too so Im sorry your suffering. I posed to your lid wiper topic also. My dr this week said that is improving and the overall pain and inflimation will subside with the use of soothe xp and oitment at night in roughly 6-8 weeks. I am a slave to warm compresses for life also so maybe this will help you. Good luck and hang in there there is hope for all of us.

Comment

Mike

Your conflicting diagnoses certainly rang bells with me!

Some time ago, a new head of the eye department at the local teaching hospital signed me off his register, more or less saying that I was one of the lucky ones who attended his clinic. He agreed that my eyes were on the dry side but he had seen worse. (Interpersonal skills were not his strong point).

I'm sure that he used someone else's Schirmer's scores - I hardly recognised the person he was writing about in the letter as being me - although it had all my details etc etc.

I had to submit a copy of this letter to the consultant I am seeing now (on a fee paying basis). The consultant remained professional by not commenting on his colleague's conclusions but I believe there was a degree of emarrassment when he actually examined my eyes and saw how bad they were.

Comment

irish eyes

ye my colds nearly gone thank you,now its back to concentrating on my eyes.
        but ye i know most doctors round here have alot to be desired but i know there must be good ones its just you have spend hundreds to try and find them.
        realy trying to look into candida but not sure how its related to dry eye but think it may be something i have.

hope your doing ok

mike

thank you for your post also,with being on this site i know now that everyone has trouble finding a proper diagnosis but it so frustrating as i know i have spent so much money on people just to say ye its dry eye use drops and get on with it so im like well how why what can i do etc,
        but glas to hear that yours is improveing and i bet its reasurreing to have a reliable eye doctor,but i do use hot compreses but i feel like my eyes get even more sore after which i dont know if thats right?

Comment

Hi Kate

I'm glad your cold is nearly gone.

Like you, I have spent an awful lot of time & money in the pursuit of someone who could help. I'd settle for improvement - a cure would be great but I'm practical and realistic.

Wouldn't life be great if you get up in the morning with no thoughts about your eyes at all? Mine have been bad recently and I'm waiting for autologous serum to be organised. I work term time only so my eyes get the chance of a rest over the holidays. I would love to be able to relax and read and enjoy all the things that I used to do when I didn't have to struggle with this horrid affliction.

Hang on in there.

Comment

hi irish eyes

ye im the same i sometimes think yes there will be a cure one day but then i think i highly doubt it but it sometimes gets me through a day thinking it.
            but then you read all these success stories on here and there must be some hope.
            i would love have a day where i didnt think about it but its the only thing on my mind 27/7 every second of every day its crazy isnt it but i wish i was like how i was 2years ago,i know there prob would be something else to worry about but not as controlling.

hope we will all get comfort one day

take care x

Comment

Working...
            X