This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $ from my lasik company

So I saw the owner of the lasik eye place that did my surgery last night and I screwed up my courage and asked for financial help with sceleral lenses and lipiflow treatment. I thought it would be a quick no to both, but he didn't say no (or yes for that matter), but said he would talk to the finance dept and get back to me. It felt a bit like I was negotiating for a used car, he pushed for me to take the refund but I said that it won't cover much of these new costs (not to mention it comes with a sticky waiver that I won't sign anyway) and what else could they do for me? That is where we left it at this point. Not sure where it will lead but I felt better knowing that I pursued it at least.
    fiddle

Fiddle you are very brave! I never would have had the gall to do that.

And at least he didn't say no. But now you are left waiting to see what he'll offer. I'll keep everything crossed for you.

Rose

Comment

GOOD JOB! Brave step, good step, putting the ball in their court to help you more substantially with the very real needs unexpected complications have caused. While this isn't always the right path for everyone (can be too stress/distress-inducing for many) I am so glad that some are able to pursue it. I have known people to get quite a lot of financial help this way, just by asking, on a good faith basis.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

Way to go fiddle!! I was wondering how that meeting was going to work out. I am not surprised that he didn't say 'no'. I too say you have a lot of courage to stand up for yourself. The lasik doctors certainly need to be more accountable for the outcomes of their surgeries. After all, if the risks of complications are as rare as they say, than why not put some of their gross profits aside into an insurance fund to help out those 'few' who do not do well . . .?

Comment

Working...
        X