This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• post laser follow up care

Just curious, what was the extent of your "follow up care" if you had laser surgery? I went to see my surgeon today because I lost two plugs and they asked for my medical ins. info because I now have a "medical dx of DES". I declined to give it to them, if it were not for LASEK I would not have the dx. Also, I did not pay the eye center directly, I went through a program that my ins referred me to. I am really afraid they are going to cut me off and try to make me pay out of pocket. Its only been 4 mos since my surgery, and I have seen them about 2x a month for severe DES. I dont have my contract handy, just wonder how culpable and obliged they are. thanks

Hi,

In my case I was charged my co-pay when I went to the front desk 13 days after my lasik surgery due to erosions and dry eye brought on by Lasik. I brought it up with my Lasik surgeon when I was charged again two days later, he said my care should be included in the $3,000 I paid for one eye. I said alot of things to my surgeon that day so I think he was desperate to do something that would make me feel a little content.

Either way going back to him was a waste of time, I have moved to a Dr. who has helped me and it's worth the extra expence.

Bernadette

Comment

My follow up coverage has been extremely good. All my appointments are free of charge....and even though I'm almost one year past....they are dedicated to keep seeing me as part of my lasik. But, I'm pretty done there -- I get too disgusted anymore really...........

Comment

post lasik

When I paid for my Lasik I also purchased 5 years worth of insurance for follow up care and check ups. I live far away from my doctor so I have to pay to see a doctor near me. My doctor is lucky I live far away from him, I am 5 months and have very dry eyes. I had problems before the surgery, I couldn't wear contacts and I had gpc, I asked him straight out if I should have the surgery and he said that I was a good candidate and should have no problems.

Comment

Working...
        X