This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you do for a cure?

Hi everyone, I'm trying to take kindof like a pole to show scientists and pharmaceutical companies how much a cure is wanted and to possibly help pursuade them to realize restasis isn't a cure!
    If everyone would just answer this questions:
    What is the max amount of money you would spend for a cure?

To have my life back and be symptom free? Easily £5000 at least

Comment

yes to be 100% cured!

Comment

I would easily spend $10,000 to be completely cured. Or even several hundred a month to maintain complete comfort.

Comment

Lump sum? I'd take out a loan for $20,000+.

Monthly payments? $300-400. Easy.

I'm well aware that my earning potential is diminished every day with this ridiculous condition. It's effect on my concentration and confidence could easily be put into a monetary figure.

Comment

I'd pay for that 20,000++++. I wouldn't mind giving all my money becaue once the dry eye is gone I would be able to work pretty hard and gain enough money :-)

Comment

It's a 5 figure number. Say £15K. That said, if someone came along with a cure I knew would definitely work 100% but it was £20K, I'd find the money.

This condition has totally changed my life for the worse - quality of life, employability and the provision of an element of ever present suffering. Coupled with the lack of availability of effective diagnostic and treatment facilities, and that my condition continues to worsen - it may be the reason I eventually decide to voluntarily walk through the door marked exit.

Comment

Bump Thread

Comment

I've learned by this experience (eye/eyelid conditions with unrelenting pain) that money means nothing if you don't have good (eye) health. The way chronic pain has altered my life is not worth any amount of money. I've often said that I would give ALL of my life savings to be free again.
                  sigpic

Comment

How much would I pay.

To be cured of this condition I would pay at least 20,000. I have hypothyroidism as well and that doesn't even come close to the misery I have suffered with dry eye. And like others have said I could work and concentrate about 1,000 times more if I wasn't always having to figure out how to stay halfway comfortable.

I wouldn't wish dry eye on my worst enemy. It has changed my life in so many ways. But with all that said, I am still a happy person and still hold out hope that somehow we will come up with a cure.

Comment

I have given a lot of thought to this too, particularly over the past few days when I have felt absolutely diminished and spent most of the time in bed, unable to do anything at all.

When I think of all the cash I have spent over the years (looking for a `cure) it must amount to a pretty hefty sum. Loss of income, worrying about being able to work at all, career goals and aspsirations not being realised and of course the constant pain and discomfort adding to the burden.

Financial resources are one thing to be exhausted but hope is another precious resource that seems to go into decline.

One cannot put a price on quality of life but I would happily negotiate with anyone who could promise a cure.

Comment

whay would you do for a cure

I echo all the previous comments. You cannot put a monetary value on this condition. it is the lack of hope for the future that is worse than anything,
                        I want to be the person I was before. How can you put a price on that?

Comment

I totally echoe what Irish eyes says. If somebody offered me a million on the lottery or cure my eyes, it would be an easy decision - eyes!

Realistically, I'd pay up to 10 - 15 thousand pounds.

Comment

i would rather be broke and have good eyes, than the other way around, which is where I am currently.

you can always make more money.

Comment

I'd go even farther (further?)

I'd give back years.....
                              ...say only live to 60 (healthy) vs. 70 (w/broken eyes)
                              "Happiness is finally getting the splinter out"sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X