This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glasses that remind you to blink!

They're from Masunaga Optical Manufacturing. I saw this in the paper today and did a quick google...they're a bit pricey mind.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...PNZ-QhBJyKu5Og

Nice find. Sounds like it would be incredibly annoying at first but really might be a great idea in terms of 'retraining' oneself to blink more frequently.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Those sound awesome! I wonder if they're available for purchase in North America?

Mind you, I need to blink more like once every SECOND to keep my eyes in a tolerable state... so I suppose those glasses might not be the answer for me right now... but I'll be keeping them in mind for if I ever get to a stage where blinking only once every 5 seconds is enough for me!

Thanks for posting this!

Comment

Strange non-sequitur at the end of the news blurb: "Masunaga [city]...has enjoyed a boost in sales since Palin burst to international prominence last year as the Republicans' vice presidential pick in the United States."

Incomprehensible. Something lost in translation.

But the glasses---a quirky invention and already on the market. Amazing that there's enough demand for them from "obsessive video-gamers and bookworms."

C

Comment

Originally posted by calli66 View Post
          Amazing that there's enough demand for them from "obsessive video-gamers and bookworms."

C
          Hee hee... prior to Lasik, you could have included me in that category... World of Warcraft anyone??.../sigh... I had such a nice Mage character.... LOL

Oh well... those days are long gone now... and that's the least of my worries these days!

Comment

Originally posted by david2404 View Post
            They're from Masunaga Optical Manufacturing. I saw this in the paper today and did a quick google...they're a bit pricey mind.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...PNZ-QhBJyKu5Og
            Interesting. I'm finding the Workrave program helpful and have wondered if an audio cue like a metronome program would help me on the computer.
            A little sound every few seconds to remind me to blink.
            Here's a web based one I found http://webmetronome.com/
            There are several downloadable free programs as well.
            -Ric
            "In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer"
            -Albert Camus

Comment

back to WoW

SAAG:

thanks to all the fantastic tips from this community, my eyes have never felt better, and i am back to World of Warcraft once more (among many other things)!

Comment

That's great news! I must admit that I'm green with envy though... I wonder if I'll ever be able to play again... my hubby and I have 2 computers (we bought the second one so we could play MMORPG's together... they're side by side in our "office")... pre-LASIK we used to play all the time together... oh those were the days...

It's so ironic... I'm the one that got HIM into MMORPG's and now I'm the one who can't play... bleh

Ok... no more pity party for me... I'm just longing for my old life these days... must stop doing that...

Oh well... maybe I'll be lucky and be able to play again someday.
                Last edited by SAAG; 05-May-2010, 19:23.

Comment

That's great. Thanks for sharing. I know I notice an improvement of my symptoms when I can avoid the computer for a while.

Comment

Working...
                  X