This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• high powered prescription wrap around glasses

Does anyone know of a company that can make wrap around glasses that have foam inserts for a prescription of -8.25? My eye doctor tried to put my prescription in a (Panoptyx) 7 eye frame with foam insert and could not because my prescription would be too distorted. I wear my prescription eye wear under motorcycle goggles. I wear a clear pair of motorcycle goggles (Guard Dog from the Dry Eye Shop) over my prescription glasses and a sunglass pair over my prescription sunglasses when I am outside. But I would like to find something that is less bulky than two pairs of glasses and more fashionable, and that I could actually wear out in public. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I don't know of any foam-lined anything that will take that prescription. Once you get above -3 or -4 anything wraparound is pretty iffy on the optical quality. Wiley-X has a frame that is supposed to go up to about -6 but that's nowhere near what you need.

Would a non-foam-lined moisture chamber be an option for you? e.g. Eaglevision moisture chambers on your glasses, or MEGs?
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
    X