This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sleep and warm baths

I know this is an old topic so I understand if there is no response on this but does anyone have any suggestion for a natural way to fall asleep? I have found drinking a warm glass of milk helps. I also hold my warm sock agains me. Warm baths are nice before bed too. For some reason heating pads make my nose stuffy.

Also if anyone in NY knows about a support group let me know or send me a pm.

Audio Books. I fall asleep all the time. I so much miss reading books, and audio books are not my thing., I never get anywhere since I just fall asleep.

Comment

On the supplement side I take melatonin and suntheanine. Known for being safe with no ill effects.

Comment

Tanner, I think this is a wonderful thread! A variation of your warm sock, I use a big rice baggie or the heating pad. I know they say not to watch TV in bed, but HGTV or anything low key helps. Also deep and even breathing. Part of it is just about getting unwound before going to sleep, and getting the noisy brain clatter to quiet down. Good luck. Boy, do I understand.

Comment

i am weaning off ambien and am still taking 5mg instead of 10.. day 12.. omg the last 10 days awful. i sleep for 2 hours and am awake off andon for hte next 5... i dont want to take more ambien and i eventually want off of it or only take as needed...

i tried melatonin 3 mg.it did nothing.does it dry u out? i have sjogrens . how much shud i take ?? any other suggestions. getting off ambien is AWFUL/../ my idea to get off of it as it makes me so i cant remember anything short term.. its awful
          Jenny

Comment

Originally posted by sunshinelover View Post
            Audio Books. I fall asleep all the time. I so much miss reading books, and audio books are not my thing., I never get anywhere since I just fall asleep.
            I agree with the audio books. Find a voice you love, put it on, and hop into bed! You'll learn a thing or two too

Comment

Originally posted by jenny2008 View Post
              i am weaning off ambien and am still taking 5mg instead of 10.. day 12.. omg the last 10 days awful. i sleep for 2 hours and am awake off andon for hte next 5... i dont want to take more ambien and i eventually want off of it or only take as needed...

i tried melatonin 3 mg.it did nothing.does it dry u out? i have sjogrens . how much shud i take ?? any other suggestions. getting off ambien is AWFUL/../ my idea to get off of it as it makes me so i cant remember anything short term.. its awful
              Jenny, I have some 5 mg of melatonin but I found that it didn't make that much of a difference. 3 is pretty much the recommended dose. Theanine is found in green tea. While it won't make you super drowsy, I think it works to at least get you to a point where you can settle down and read or meditate. The recommended dose of theanine for sleep is about 400 mg. See the study here:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22214254

And no, it does not dry me out.

Comment

Thanks for replying and dosage recommendations. I also found Ashwagandha tea can help.

JENNY, don't panic about the ambien but know it is hard not to. I had an ambien episode and started seeing things. Then I leaned it was a hallusinaginic. Getting off of it was bad. Anxiety, sweating, complete insomnia for 3 nights straight nights. I wondered when I was going to collapse. I aslo sweated, rocked, dialated pupils that medication was aweful for me. If it doesn't get better call your doctor.

Comment

I used to suffer from insomnia a year ago really bad. I mean I was terrified to go to bed because all I would do is think about not being able to sleep. I have used sleeping pills, anti-depressants and am still on a lose dose sedating one which helps alot. But if you want a tip about doing things naturally, the book I Can Make You Sleep by Paul McKenna saved my life. It comes with an audio Cd that really does help..it makes you think of not being able to sleep in a different more positive way and this will in turn relax you about not sleeping, and sleep will come. The book is only like $20.00 so its really worth buying.

Comment

Working...
                  X