This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blind with dry eyes

Hello to everyone from a new member. I happen to be a 59 year old man who has been blind for almost 30 years. I did not have a dry eye problem until after getting severe cateracts removed from both eyes a couple of years back. Seems that I have tried all the suggested remedies with little help. My doctor tells me that dry eyes can happen after surgery but should only last a short time. Two years later and dry eyes continue. I just started with the Azasite for my inflamed eyelids that comes along with he dry eyes. I am hopeing that with the inflamation gone I may go back to better tear production. Am I expecting too much from this Azasite?

Hi Arliedog-
    I have several questions.

1. If you're blind, how are you reading this? Understand if you have a talking computer.

2. If you're blind, why did they remove the cataracts? I've had one removed and need to have the other done. Declining vision is my reason. If you can't see, why would they remove yours? (I realize this probably has a good reason, I just can't think of it.)

3. At first, I thought you had not been back to your doc since surgery, but if you have Azasite from "just recently" then you have been back to the dr. I was going to suggest you ask him and that you needed to see him after the surgery. Obviously you have.

4. Azasite alone will likely not cure the dry eyes if you've had them for two years. This website has the routine for taking care of inflammation. Good luck and I hope I'm not being too nosey with my questions. Lucy
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Forgive me if this is a silly question, but could you just sew your eyes shut? Would this give you relief because I've been giving it some thought myself....

Melissa
      pianolady

Comment

That is called a tarsorraphy in case anyone wants to know. I wanted my doc to do that to my worst eye and he would not. Lucy
        Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Would this procedure stop the burning and pain of dry eye? Would it be permanent?
          pianolady

Comment

Working...
          X