This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horrible Headaches

I think the headaches are related to eye drops i have been taking. I have had constant pain in forhead for about 3 months now. I mean every single day. In the past, if i took allergy eye drops, i would get headaches, etc..Not sure if i am allergic to something in eye drops but i see correlation. ANyone experience this and why? I use preservative free drops and they dont work for my dry eye and redness. I have to use red out remover. Been to 7 different eye docs. ALl say i have dry eyes and put me on restasis and it doesnt work. ONly time i dont get headache is when i sleep so that tells me it has to be eye strain? That make sense. Once i wake up and put eye drops in, headaches are worse. However, i do have horrible allergies without sneezing, coughing all of those things. If i am in hotel room, airport, mall, airplane, eyes and head burn and hurt worse and I also flush in face some. I have no clue as to waht is going on. If i drink a few beers, i also get headache. Allergy doctor said i have so much inflammation in my nose that its causing all my symptoms including eye problems. COuld this be true? ONly thing i have gathered thus far in 2 years. No allergy medicine works at all either. I have tested for allergies and i am allergic to quite a few alot and severe. Suppose to start shots soon but travel all the time. But the biggest thing now is these headaches that seem to get worse with more eye drops i put in. ANy suggestions. No doc seems to think dry eye is causing headaches. Neuro guy said get checked for allergies. He didnt think it was migraine or anything like that b/c its constant. Its weird b/c i dont get them when my eyes are closed and i am asleep....???

Hello

Did you ever go to an ENT and see if you perhaps have polyps - I have had them and they caused my headaches and sinus issues - I also had a deviated septum repaired

Comment

Shane,

I can certainly share with you the constant head pain and the problems that this brings along with it. The only relief that you mention is when you sleep and I find the same to be true. I have never gotten an explanation from any of the eye doctors; they seem baffled by it because they claim that my eyes don't appear to be that bad. In my opinion the problem completely correlates with how my eyes feel. On the better days the headache is also much less severe to the point of actually being tolerable.

I had actually seen a pain management expert in NY who has treated me for atypical migraines, which in the end it seemed was not the right diagnosis because none of the medications helped whatsoever.

Sorry that I don't have any advice to offer or any treatments to mention. It is simply a function of the eye film and in some way managing to restore that to a healthy state.

Good luck,

MylittleM

Comment

sinus polopy??same as sinus infection. I had CT scan and sinuses were clear? How do i tell if i have polopys? I think its allergies, etc....i am HIGHLY allergic to everything almost? SO in saying that, i dont sneeze, itchy eyes, just red and burning and headaches whenever my eyes burn. I feel fine when i sleep and when i take a shower? It has to be my eyes or allergies. I have really dry eyes and wake up with red eyes however headaches go away after sleep but when i wake they begin. ?

Comment

Working...
        X