This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Menthol"/Cold feeling-New to DES

Has anyone found drops that relieve the "menthol" or "cold" feeling?

My dry eye came out of no where. I am 36 yr old female in MN. Thought I needed glasses (blurred vision, eye pain, burning), went to eye doc & found had severe dry eye & inflammation. Treated those issues for a couple weeks (worked from home during this time-computer work of course) had my 2 week check up & inflammation was down & was producing "more/some" moisture. Went to work & had a major set back....dry again. Not as bad as when I 1st went in...
    So, I really don't know where to go as far as docs to try & determine the underlying cause. Can it really just happen?
    Since there was an improvement in my own tear production, I was so happy...then the set back. WHY???

I find myself crying alot. Stressed about my job, missing out on my life & my 2 yr old son.

Using "Blink" tears. They are what my doc suggested.

I also find being in a more humid environment helps...even the steam from showering makes my eyes feel better.

Thanks for any help/support!

hey there, it's tough isn't it
    I'm so far struggling with winter a lot at the moment
    I get the menthol thing along with burning. If you do a serch for 'menthol' you should pull up some posts, we asked dr holly at some point and he suggseted it was because of the evaporation of the tears - his original reply will put that more elegantly than I!
    just keep swimming...

Comment

Working...
    X