X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ouch!!! pollen, wind?

Hi everyone,
    Been doing okay, but today my eyes (more than the other) HURTS!!! I was outside in the wind, some of the time without sunglasses. It's high pollen season here too. Now they just sting and hurt and one feels like something is in it. Any ideas??? This sucks.......

Same here---pollen count over 10.

Try rinsing your eyes with saline solution a couple of times a day. Wash lashes and lids more often to get rid of pollen that's landed there.

Don't go outside (yeah, right).

Keep the windows closed in the car when you're driving.

Zatidor drops, advil, claritin....maybe?

C

Comment

Have either of you taken your humidifiers out for the summer? I did a little early. I cleaned them a couple of weeks ago and thought I'm just packing them away. Weather has been cold in MI, 17 deg a couple of nights ago so the furnace has been blasting. I've noticed my skin too.
      Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Not me. I'm too lazy. For moisture, I wait for "swamp cooler" season (at least July), since I'm the one who has to climb up on the roof and clean it.

My sinuses are killing me from the pollen.

C

Comment

Calli-my humidifier sits on a tv table. What's with being on the roof?
          Must be you have a different kind than I do. I store it in it's box during the summer.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Swamp coolers are evaporative coolers for the whole house---they have absorbent pads, a big squirrel-cage fan, and water piped in that flows over the pads. Works in dry climates only. That's what we have in the Southwest instead of air conditioners. And the "humble" models are mounted on the roof, with the moist, cool air coming in through ducts.

They make lovely humid air. I don't usually run my small console humidifier---got tired of the noise. There are so many minerals in the water here that the ultrasonics don't work unless you used distilled water.

C

Comment

Thanks Calli, I learned something today. Being from the opposite end of the country, I did not understand what you meant. Our "humble" things here are probably a room air conditioner most likely in the bedroom.

It sounds as if the swamp coolers are actually of the "green" variety of things being promoted now to save energy etc. Thanks, Phyllis

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

off topic

Well, green---partly so. I notice my electric bill is higher, running them. But I guess no higher than running an AC.

C

Comment

Working...
                X