This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pain doc-advice

i've decided to add pain medication to my arsenal, and i found a pretty good non-addictive opioid that im taking on a trial basis...has been pretty effective.

but...

the nausea is totally unbearable. it was so bad i couldnt even keep my eyes converged (my muscles were so relaxed) i spent another whole day in bed cause of the nausea, although to be honest i was still happier than nomral because when i was lying still in bed the nausea was bearable and the eye pain was basically gone

does anyone have any advice to help with the severe nausea? ive been prescribed some anti-histamine for it but that just causes for dryness

What were you prescribed to help it? You probably need to try another medication. There are many different anti nausea meds, some common being compazine, phenergan, zofran. The first 2 are anti histamine type nausea meds, zofran works differently. If you haven't tried zofran before I think it would be a good med to try.

For non Rx ways to combat nausea... Peppermint is good for nausea. I use peppermint essential oil for nausea and muscle spasms. For the nausea I put a drop in some water or touch the top lightly and then touch the underside of my tongue. Essential oils are very potent and also not regulated so if you are unfamiliar with them read this before buying: http://www.aromaweb.com/articles/how...entialoils.asp (using poor quality will often make you feel more sick, and poor quality oils are not safe to ingest)

Ginger is also great. The best would be to get actual ginger root from the grocery store since its the freshest. You can make ginger tea, when desperate I've even just mixed powdered ginger with some warm water to try and help the nausea.

Some people have luck with accupressure points for nausea, I never have though. I believe there is a product that has beads and it tapes to your ear or something? Then you press on the beads to stimulate the accupressure points.
    *I just would like to add the disclaimer that I do not suffer from dry eye myself; my service dog does. I want to stay up on treatments, and offer support to others!

Comment

Working...
    X