This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One painful area on eye

Is it common to have one area on your eye that will hurt or burn worse with dry eye? I have a spot on my right eye. It feels like it is under my bottom lid. That area absolutely kills me. I wonder why this spot bothers me so much more. It makes me wonder if there is something more going on. Just wondering if anyone else experiences this.

Skeeter,

You mentioned in another post that you had a chemical burn. I did as well, and it left me with cysts in my right eye that were almost undetectable but miserable to me. I ended up having them aspirated which left a small scar on the white of my eye. I have dry eye as well due to the burn, but it is now tolerable and no longer controls my life. I am also diagnosed with occular rosacea which would probably have led me to dry eye anyway. At least that is what the docs told me. My eyes do very well in the cold.

You could have some damage to the eye itself under that lid that is causing you the pain.

Just a thought,
    Melissa
    pianolady

Comment

Melissa,
      Thanks for sharing this information. This could be helpful. How did the doctor finally see your cyst? Did your pain come and go or was it constant? Did you get relief after it was aspirated? Or did your relief come later with other treatment? Did you have the cyst immediately after the burn, because I did well for five years after my chemical burn and now it is all coming back. I will ask my dr. to take a closer look the next time that I go in two weeks.Thanks so much or taking the time to coorespond with me.

Comment

Hi

Hello,
        I had a slit lamp exam with dye a while ago which revealed a dry area on the affected eye. I can feel this area is the affected, "bad", part.
        The Optometrist said normally she would see lots of little "dots" of dryness on patients with dry eye but I had a larger single area of dryness.

I think a dry patch like this is what you are feeling.

Regards.
        Occupation - Optimistologist

Comment

Brad,
          I think that this might be my problem too, at least that is what I have been told by the dr. Were you able to get this spot under control and if so, with what? Thanks for your response.

Comment

Working...
          X