This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Public awareness of chronic pain

There was an interesting segment on the Irish 6 o'clock news this evening about chronic pain. According to a new report, apparently 1 in 3 people suffer from chronic pain. I think it raises a few issues that many people on this site would be familiar with; that chronic pain can induce depression, that there is a sense of needing to justify the pain to those who can't see it, and that it has a huge impact on day to day life.

Hopefully raising public awareness will mean people with chronic pain will be treated with more understanding, and that employers etc won't dismiss suffers due to the invisibility of the condition(s). Perhaps even doctors would become more clued in!

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/1026/health.html

I tried to find a copy of the report to post but it won't work!
    The eye altering, alters all - William Blake

Súil Eile, your signature says so much. It is so hard for my friends to understand how the problem with my eyes alters my entire life. More understanding is certainly needed!

Comment

Absolutely Magoo. In fact, someone who is aware of my condition but has never commented on it before, remarked to me today that my eyes must wear me out sometimes. It was because they had seen the news segment and thought of me! So yes, if people are more aware of the concept of chronic pain (or chronic discomfort) I think I'd feel more relaxed about my eyes and not have to explain my situation as much.
      The eye altering, alters all - William Blake

Comment

Working...
      X