X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Increased pain in eyes due to Ice tea

HI,

I normally have a drink of Mc donalds ice tea to quench my thirst.
    I had a medium ice tea cup this saturday but after a prolonged period of say 1.5 months.

I found an increase in pain in eyes after drinking this. I am a bit worried about this.
    I have regular juices made from home but did not find any increase in pain.
    This was i observed .

Does Ice tea cause an increase in dryness or is harmful to eyes? ( Might be some chemicals will be there in Ice tea)

Will it be normal again after some days or i will have to bear its side effects permanent.

I am a bit worried and confused ,,any help and motivation required.

Do you think it might be a coincidence that the pain increased when you had the tea? It's possible that there is no connection.

Try not to worry.

Comment

HI Irish eyes,

Thanks for your reply.

But the pain increased so much ,,could not resist it.

So this worried me since there was not such pain and suddenly increased after the tea.

This was also seem the case earlier when i had tea. But could not recognise it .So just wanted to share .

Comment

Has the pain eased off at all?

Does it happen each time you have iced tea or was it on one occasion?

Comment

McDonalds sweet iced tea eye pain

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...4092256AApdc2K
          That sounds like a lot of chemical sweeteners. Maybe try orange pekoe + pekoe made at home without chemicals or sugar if you want to experiment. Could be too much caffeine in stewed tea stored in a fridge.

Warmest hopes for good progress. How are you managing your eye pain and dryness now? Have you got support from your eye doctors' LASIK business?
          Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

HI All,
            Thanks for ur reply.
            There is no signs of pain easing off.
            Have no idea how it got suddenly increased.
            Normally if we think +ve ,If Mcdonalds Ice tea would cause such type of pains and increase dryness in our type of Lasik driven patients,,,then it would hamper there business and there would have been compliants on the internet as well. But could not find anything on the internet that Ice tea would harm eyes.
            I also used to put Lacrigel (available in India) ,,might be this might be the cause.
            But i was using it frequently before also and did not encounter such thing.

Its very difficult to analyse the exact cause.But it is a sure thing that i would be goin to avoid such things in future.

I would say our eyes have become so delicate ,,,every small change causes an effect.

Comment

I do so agree with your final comment.

Comment

Working...
              X