This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tears Burning Undereye Skin

Has anyone else had this? I asked my opthamologist if it could possibly be from eating salty food (pretzels, etc)and she said that it would be highly unlikely. The skin and dry and somewhat raw. I've tried several creams on the skin and nothing seems to help much. Sometimes the tears cause the skin to get irritated so much that a red *burn* mark is left on my skin. My next move is to make an appointment with my dermatologist. Maybe he has an answer. I'm at my wits end!

me too?

I'm not sure if what I'm experiencing is the same exactly but, I have at time noticed that the skin around my eyes is very irritated, I thought how strange, I even wondered if I was allergic to the Restasis? at times it seems like eczema, it gets so red and tender? even itchy a little, I thought maybe just from the artifical tears, and the area beign too moist. right at my tear ducts too, does this sound the same?

Comment

I usually just throw a little Aquaphor on there and that helps to keep the skin from losing moisture and getting irritated.

Comment

I also found this on burning tear/ body ph which was interesting.

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Childre...in/show/485023

Also as a side-note I notice my tears are more uncomfortable if there isn't much oil in them. (if I put in too many drops it washes away all the natural oils produced by my eye)

So sometimes I'll apply a very small amount of Refresh PM along the lid margin and it works almost like chapstick for my eyes. For me though it's my lid margins that burn more than anyplace else, though I have had redness on the outsides of my eyes from tears spilling out the side that's where I usually apply some Aquaphor.

Comment

Working...
        X