This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here on Lyrica for eye pain?

My eye doctor has suggested Lyrica for tackling my eye pain. However, I've had an experience with Lyrica before - I had a slipped disc in my back and 'pins and needles'/ tingling sensation all down my arm for months as a result. My GP put me on Lyrica (150mg) which did nothing for the pain/ tingling but made me feel high as a kite! It also cost €90 for a month, which was particularly frustrating since I couldn't use it.

I'm just wondering if anyone on here has seen a significant reduction in eye pain on a lower dose of Lyrica?
    The eye altering, alters all - William Blake

hi,
    Yes, I take it - I think it helps --offers some benefit -- not quite sure how to quantify it --
    i don't get the same reaction from it that i get from amitriptyline - which is like night and day with pain relief. i think lyrica takes some of the edge off of pain.
    amitriptyline helps me the most for me --
    neurontin made me very sedated and i did not see much of an improvement in pain -- but, it's not as effective a drug as lyrica

Comment

Thanks Scott,

I just got new plugs put in on Friday, and the opthamologist took enough blood that I'm now concerned about vampire tendencies. He wants to rule out any thyroid issues before figuring out a strategy for pain relief.

When I was using Lyrica before, it did help with my eye pain but I wasn't functional when taking it. It's good to hear that there are a range of drugs that are helping people, and I'm desperately hoping that there's something out there that suits me. It'll be a couple of weeks before my blood tests are back, so hopefully I'll be able to tackle the issue one way or another once they come back.
      The eye altering, alters all - William Blake

Comment

Working...
      X