What hurts - Lids or Eyes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What hurts - Lids or Eyes

What seems to hurt on you most with Dry eyes? For me, it is the rim of my lower eye lids that seems to be the most painfull. If I were to pull them back and look at them when they feel their worst, the inside rims are lined with lots of bright red, tiny looking veins, LOTS OF THEM. Second worst would be in the corners nearest my nose. So I was just wondering where most people feel their worst discomfort?

In my eye balls, definitely. They feel like pouring salt on a slug. (Only a Washington native could relate to that). The only time my eyelids hurt is when the Restasis hits them, or if I rub them a bit too much.
    Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

I can't really tell what part of my eye hurts. It just feels like the whole eye in general. The temporal side (opposite of nasal) is usually the reddest.

Comment

Originally posted by kitty
        They feel like pouring salt on a slug. (Only a Washington native could relate to that).
        (From a Seattle native) Wow, talk about memory-land! Did you put out little foil trays of beer for them too?
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

No, my salt days were in childhood. Beer was not allowed. Now I don't have my own garden space so I just don't bother.
          Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

my would also be mostly just eyeballs. the burning is like feeling like i've been in a swimming pool too long and have tons of clorine in my eyes. i do have the occasional pain in my eyelids though, when they are extra swollen or when i am tired. the only way to describe it is just that they ache really really bad. oh and i also have to agree with that comment that your eyes hurt at the corners, near your nose. ouch- i can so agree with that. that is where my eyes usually hurt most, and its also where my eyes are most red and bloodshot.
            -Amy

Comment

pain

My discomfort is burning in the entire eyeball. It is intermittent for the most part and usually affects one eye at a time.

Cali, I have those same bright red veins in my lower eyelids too...it looks nasty! And I also get discomfort/tugging sensation at the inside corners closest to my nose.

Comment

Working...
              X