This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad day

Hello everyone, I just needed a spot to vent as my eyes are so bad today and I don't know why. It is summer here in Ontario and very humid so the eyes have been loving it, but today I woke up and they were so painful (sore to touch, itchy and burning all day). It is so frustrating and just gets me so down. The good days are very much appreciated and the bad days are just a pain (which says it all in this forum).
    My drops (celluvisc) helps but only for a bit, what works for others when they have bad days?
    Thanks,
    fiddle
    (lasik eye surgery survivor)

when you wake up in the morning and they are worse sometimes keeping your eyes open at night is the problem. You can tape or use goggles or use ointment (ointment sometimes pisses my eyes off but taping works really well...)

Comment

hi,
      i see some similarities with my situation.
      i have days that my eyes don't bother me very much. i can more or less do anything i want and for some unknown reasons on other days my eyes can be very,very painful,so much it even results in bad headaches. still can't figure out why. i off course apreciate the good days very much. on those days i'm always very active and try to catch up with the things i had to put aside when having a bad period eye wise.
      drops and i mean any drop available that i've tried don't do very much for me and that goes for many of us here i guess.
      the one and only thing that gives instant relief is closing the eyes for some time (taking a little nap or so).
      have you already considered some protective eyewear? from what i've heard they work quite well for many people here on the board.

patrick...

Comment

Thanks for the replies, as always I find just connecting to others who have similar experiences helps out. I try hot compresses when they are really bad too and that works for a bit. I will try the tape now as well as I haven't tried that yet. I was so disappointed as a friend had invited me up to her cottage this weeked and I declined as I just couldn't face the drive. My eyes were already in a state and that would have just made them worse. I feel at times that I am missing out on life as my dry eyes seem to limit so much of what I can do now. This of course leads me into a deeper depression.
        [The lasik clinic] was right about one thing at least, this surgery did change the quality of my life, what they failed to say is that it would be for the worse.
        fiddle
        Last edited by Rebecca Petris; 23-Aug-2011, 17:24. Reason: Removed name of lasik clinic.

Comment

RE: help with environment

For me, over the years, I found that wearing moisture chamber glasses/goggles (WileyX, 7Eye) helps calm down my eyes (and me!) enough that I can then, with a clear head, find the help that I need to permanently improve my eyes.
          Last edited by spmcc; 16-Jul-2011, 12:48. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...
          X