This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neurological cause for Dry Eye?

Often my left eye is more dry than the right. I also tend to get migranes around my left eyebrow. So, I'm wondering if the dry eye sensation is really some form of a migrane. Has anyone had a similar experience and/or seen a neurologist about dry eye?

I haven't seen a neurologist but there have been more than a few times I've wondered if it might be a good idea. I also get migraines on occasion and thought perhaps a tumor or something like that was causing both the migraine and the dry eye. If you do see a neurologist, please update us. I'd be very interested to hear his/her thoughts on dry eye.

Comment

I also get migraines. Sometimes, within a couple of days of the migraine, I get ocular migraines manifested by bizarre and frightening vision changes (blurred or wavy vision, sometimes bright spots in my visual field). I have been thoroughly worked up by my eye doc and he is certain that I am having ocular migraines. There is no treatment for them. If the symptoms hit and don't go away, that is when to get concerned about macular degeneration, glaucoma or retinal detachment. I'm just curious how many of us DES sufferers also deal with ocular migraines and if there is any connection. I would be interested in hearing about anyone's experience/discussion with a neurologist in this regard!
      Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Working...
      X