X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stinging eyelids?!

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone might be able to shed some light on my current situation.

I was diagnosed as aqueous deficient and have been using my preservative free artificial tears which have made things much better, my eyes very rarely burn or get the mentholly feeling they once did.

However, this past couple of weeks my eye lid margins have been stinging. They're not swollen or red they just sting all the time. It's right in the corner near my tear ducts and it's also a bit itchy. Does this sound like an allergy? My doc said I don't have blepharitis and from what I've read on here it doesn't sound like it.

It's not particularly painful, more uncomfortable/irritating.

Does anyone have any idea what this may be?

I was using preservative free Theratears, and began having a lot of problems with the skin on my lids and under eye area, it seemed to be worse in th tear duct corner too. After awhile, I noticed that my lid margins really itched and were irritated. I switched to similasan allergy drops, and have not had a problem since. Hope this helps you too.

Comment

It does sound like it could be allergy. When I'm having a really bad time with skin allergies there is a lot of pain in my eyes & inner lids (no rash on skin near eyes though), but when having only mild allergy reactions the inner corner of my lid itches without severe pain. Could be something in your drops, so you could try different drops. But could also be something in your shampoo, facial cleanser, chemical used in processing the fabric of your pillow cases, etc. I'd experiment with drops and if no relief seek out a really great allergist who can do every type of allergy testing, including customized skin allergy patch tests to eye drop ingredients. He'd probably start with standard, common tests first.

I agree that Similasin Allergy Eye Relief is worth a go. It helps me when my reactions are mild. But you'd want to stop it before any testing.

Mary in VA

Comment

Working...
      X