This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions About Pain Killers

I've been doing some thinking and I figure that if I can't beat my dry eyes by curing the dry eyes themselves, then why don't I just treat the pain so that I no longer have to suffer any of the symptoms?

That actually isn't one of my questions. I am aware of the downsides to painkillers.

My questions are as follows:

1. Does anyone know of pain killers that can be used to treat the pain from dry eyes?
    2. Has anyone had success treating their dry eyes in this manner?

I have one request for this topic:

Please do not turn this topic into a discussion about the negative side-effects of painkillers.

All I want to know is, "What painkillers can I use, and if you have experience using them, tell me about your experiences." Sorry to sound so picky! I just want to make sure my questions get answered and we don't lose sight of the whole purpose of this topic.

It's a valid question Tankie!. I have tried codine which is same as co-codomol, one of them has an anti-inflammatory added cant remember which one? they are next thing down from Morphine. Looking back they for definate dried my mouth and throat (which it warns of in instructions) and they did dry my tears up also, they gave no-pain relief, but gave me a spaced out feeling.

However! may i reccomend Anadin 'EXTRA' (2x capsules) they dont dry me out, do remove pain and relax also. They can be took every 4 hours.
    I only use them when really needed, not because they are addictive, or you become reliable for them (which there not) just i dont want my body to get used to them, if there was a constant supply in my system.
    They are good! they even shift Migranes, toothache and Hangovers (they were the days). Best invention ever, if you ask me..
    Not to be confused with normal 'Anadin' they dont shift migranes or hangovers; and at $2 for 28 capsules, i aint complaining.

Comment

i took loretab when i had a crown put on my tooth-helped the mouth pain but after 2 days i stopped them cause they dried my eyes out so bad & mouth-but it took a whole 24 hours for my eyes to recover to their "normal".
      Jenny

Comment

Originally posted by Tankie View Post
        why don't I just treat the pain so that I no longer have to suffer any of the symptoms?
        Dr. Orr can refer you to the pain clinic. I got in quickly (~6 weeks). That was about 1.5 years ago.

Typical "pain pills" do not work for dry eye - neither OTC nor Rx. Dry eye creates a type of nerve pain that isn't helped by "pain pills".

What you try are the anti-seizure meds (neurontin, gabapentin, lyrica, etc.). The pain clinic will explain it all to you and give you an Rx.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
        X