How would you describe your dry eye pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would you describe your dry eye pain

For the last couple of days I have felt so miserable that I can harldy stand it. Too much pain! I wake up in the morning and my eyes feel like I trew glue inside them. Then by middle morning any drop of lubricant feels like acid! Finally during the night more pain!

Sorry for the complaining, I just needed to vent this with you guys because you understand!

God bless!!

Jessica.

Welcome! I'm sorry that you are suffering so. There are lots of great people here who will support you and help in any way that they can. I can best describe my eye pain as like my eyeballs being on fire with an ice-pick stabbing them periodically. During the night and in the morning I feel like someone dumped sand in my eyes then added some glue to the mix for good measure!
    Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Hi Jessica,

I'm so sorry to hear about the flare-up!! Days like that are awful

Originally posted by Jessica Adams
      Then by middle morning any drop of lubricant feels like acid!
      Have you tried just plain saline rinses? When I get to a really nasty stage, refrigerated Unisol feels the most soothing. Some people also like ice packs when their eyes are really bad.

I was talking with an optometrist at a conference last weekend and he was telling me that he tells all his patients who wake up with very painful eyes to keep drops or saline on their nightstand and squirt them on just as they wake and lay there for about 10 minutes while things 'soften up' before opening their eyes again.

Also, sorry to state the obvious but maybe considering dropping in on the doc just in case there is anything new going on that may be augmenting the pain?
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

Jessica,

Good to see you again. I often wonder about you all the way down there. I'm sorry for your current bad spell. I know your eyes are never good, so when they go from rotten to horrible, I know it's almost impossible to cope with.

My eye pain is usually burning. I've had quite a lot of it lately. I just continue along as best I can. I do think if there were maybe a product that helped replace meibomian secretions, it would do me a lot of good.

Best of luck coping with the pain. I will keep you in my thoughts.

Diana
        Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Thanks!

Thank you guys for all the tips and kind words! I am feeling better. At least emotionally . Rebecca I will follow your advice about the Unisol.

Take care.

Comment

Working...
          X