This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How common is corneal neuropathy?

I had lower plugs put in about 2 months ago and they have helped but I am sitting here with a really bad pain in my left eye after wearing a leaky cpap mask (sleep apnea) as a trial. My eyes hurt so badly right now it feels as though I have a migraine in one of them.
    Oh to be clear, I got up in the middle of the night with itching, burning eyes. After taking an Allegra the itching subsided then after awhile the pain started in both eyes and now its in the right one . The pain goes behind my ear right down my shoulder like a migraine. I have allergies and where I am it is a very bad season for them.
    Now after reading a few threads on this forum I'm beginning to worry about corneal neuropathy. Anyone try a Imitrex for pain like this?

Cabut
    Cabut
    65yr.old male, Arizona resident.

Can't comment on the Imitrex since i've never used it... but have you tried icing your eyes when the ache is that bad? I've had to do that once in a while when nothing else works... the ice cold is positively blissful (I don't apply the ice constantly... just kind of slide a cube over my closed lids over and over until it's nice and cold... then as often as needed to keep it cooled down)

I know everyone is different and it won't help everyone... but thought it couldn't hurt to mention it...

Comment

Working...
    X