This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Describing the awful fealing ...

Aside from folks on this forum describing the pain is almost impossible. And it's not always just pain, often it is discomfort that can last for hours. Sometimes my eyes feel infected or feel like I have cancer in my eyes. My doctor just doubled my gabapentin to see if it makes a difference. I woke at 7:15 today and there was the awful unforgiving pain. The gabapentin did absolutely nothing. So I then tried extra strength Tylenol which has been suggested several times. No luck.

Sometimes the discomfort makes me feel sick or nauseous and I wondered if others also feel sick from the eye pain/discomfort?

My moisture chamber goggles used to provide relief, but don't anymore. My doctor told me the pain would get worse when (if) the nerves start to grow back. This is really just one of those venting posts I guess.

But I am curious do others feel sick or nauseous at times due to there eyes? Describing the relentless feeling to others is so hard and it's also so transparent... and just plain frustrating.

Hi Tom,

I feel sick or nauseous because I think this is going to last for a long time and I don't know if this is going to go away. My pain is the dry, burning, and stinging. My eyes feels like they are throbbing in the socket. You are right nobody understands the pain unless you have experienced it.
    Lasik victim 2012

Comment

Yes, I sometimes feel nauseous. It also makes me feel extremely fatigued and lacking in energy.

I agree that you need to experience it to understand. It can completely consume you.

Comment

Working...
      X