This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Always thinking about the eye

I realized today that I am always thinking about my eye, even subconsciously when I don't think I'm thinking about it. At the dinner table I looked at a stainless steel cup that was "sweating," and I felt jealously toward the cup's moisture!

They think we are obsessed about our (dry) eyes.

We are always talking about it and complaining with the closest people to us.

But when we tell them we can't go to the cinema, outdoors, or whatever, they just don't understand. They don't understand...

Comment

Yes, Bakunin.... People/Friends don't understand, how much pain we have, and how much are we obsessed about it.

Comment

People with glasses on really gets me. I am a high school teacher in a higher socioeconomic area and the black rimmed glasses the girls are wearing are so cute. I get so jealous. They wear cute glasses and get to be PAIN FREE. The only thing I get is a whole lot of pain that no one in my life truly understands.
        Lasik victim 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Khan View Post
          Yes, Bakunin.... People/Friends don't understand, how much pain we have, and how much are we obsessed about it.
          Sorry Khan and bakunin, I absolutely disagree with you that we are obsessed with our dry eyes.

The first thing I do when I wake up, even in the middle of the night, is add a drop to my eyes. The last thing I do before I go to bed is add a drop of restasis to my eye. I have drops everywhere. Serum in the fridge, restasis in the bathroom, Systane in my pocket, car and purse. I have multiple pairs of glasses scattered about the house, I even have a special table to put them on (if I remember) so that I am not constantly searching for them. I have my dark outdoor Wileys, I have my clear indoor Wileys, I have fitover sunglasses when I need to run outside quickly, I have larger fit overs that I can put on top of the Wileys in case they are not dark enough when the sun is really bright and I am driving into it. It is like loading up the car to take the baby along when I go out trying to remember everything. I have FLux loaded on the computer to reduce the amount of light coming at me, I have Oniyx goggles to wear at night.

This is not an obsession any more than a diabetic checking his/her sugars multiple times a day and shooting up insulin is an obsession. It is what I NEED to do to SURVIVE with a level of tolerance that allows me to go about my day without being in distress, it is what they (diabetics) NEED to do to survive. I am NOT obsessed with my eyes, my diligence is born out necessity and my eyes will not let me forget it....F/G

Comment

Originally posted by farmgirl View Post
            Sorry Khan and bakunin, I absolutely disagree with you that we are obsessed with our dry eyes.

The first thing I do when I wake up, even in the middle of the night, is add a drop to my eyes. The last thing I do before I go to bed is add a drop of restasis to my eye. I have drops everywhere. Serum in the fridge, restasis in the bathroom, Systane in my pocket, car and purse. I have multiple pairs of glasses scattered about the house, I even have a special table to put them on (if I remember) so that I am not constantly searching for them. I have my dark outdoor Wileys, I have my clear indoor Wileys, I have fitover sunglasses when I need to run outside quickly, I have larger fit overs that I can put on top of the Wileys in case they are not dark enough when the sun is really bright and I am driving into it. It is like loading up the car to take the baby along when I go out trying to remember everything. I have FLux loaded on the computer to reduce the amount of light coming at me, I have Oniyx goggles to wear at night.

This is not an obsession any more than a diabetic checking his/her sugars multiple times a day and shooting up insulin is an obsession. It is what I NEED to do to SURVIVE with a level of tolerance that allows me to go about my day without being in distress, it is what they (diabetics) NEED to do to survive. I am NOT obsessed with my eyes, my diligence is born out necessity and my eyes will not let me forget it....F/G
            Yes, farmgirl, you put it so well, I also refer to diabetics when it come to being dependent on drops and stuff. Have to have a big bag nowadays. The problem though is that other people dont get it. Diabetes they know what it is, dry eyes, no.

Comment

Hi farmgirl,
              Thanks a lot for your disagreement, very nice to know that with some resources a dry eyes sufferer can manage his/her eyes very easily.
              By the way I can not manage it out side with (Body Specs) BS goggles(chamber moisure). May be Wileys are much better in this case.
              Last edited by Khan; 28-Feb-2013, 07:37. Reason: spell mistake.

Comment

I manage it Khan but I can't say it is easy.

When I got the Wiley's I went to a website called Safevision.net. They chose 6 frames for me to try. I paid for the frames with a credit card, tried them on, returned them and they credited my card. That way I was not committed to buying anything that I didn't think would fit. Only 2 of the 6 (various brands) fit and they were both the Wileys. I highly recommend this approach as these things are not cheap and you want to make sure that you are going to like what you get as everyone has different shape to their face so it isn't a one size fits all thing. Even with the Wileys I have had to tape the vent holes closed as even that is too much air movement.

Good luck Khan, you will eventually stumble upon what works best for you...cheers...F/G

Comment

Originally posted by zuzu70 View Post
                  I realized today that I am always thinking about my eye, even subconsciously when I don't think I'm thinking about it. At the dinner table I looked at a stainless steel cup that was "sweating," and I felt jealously toward the cup's moisture!
                  I'm jealous in public of others laughing and having a good time and enjoying their life. I remember my old self and how I used to be like that and it kills me. I look at old pictures of myself pre-dry eye and I'm out with friends and smiling etc. Now I'm just blah.

Comment

Working...
                  X