Acupuncture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acupuncture

I just set up an appointment next week to get acupuncture to help w/ my eye pain! I'm not getting my hopes up too much because I know results are different for everyone, but I'm excited nonetheless!!!!
    -Amy

I felt no different with the acupuncture, but my mom's friend who also gets acupuncture said I should stick w/ it for atleast a month or two, because sometimes it takes a while to start feeling results.

Also, I have a question concerning herbal medicine. I hate taking medicine unless I absolutely have to because I always have the fear or side effects and having my body become dependent to what I'm taking. The person who did my acupuncture also gave me some herbal medicine to take that has to do w/ crysanthemum (spelling?). I looked it up on the internet, and it is says its great for relieving inflammation, dry eyes, eye strain, redness, and is supposed to even help vision. Should I take it? Sorry I'm so paranoid, its just I don't want to take anything that will make me worse of than before. Does anyone know if I can become dependent on this?
    -Amy

Comment

Amy,

I went to acupuncture a couple of years ago hoping for relief. I felt that maybe (and only maybe) it helped slightly. I'd gone fewer than a dozen times over the course of several weeks. The doc did offer me an herbal remedy of some kind and I did take it without hesitation. It didn't help me. I looked up the supplement on the internet and it did appear to be a common Chinese herb of some kind so I didn't worry about it.

I must add that I did meet a very caring man in my acupuncturist. He was recently from China. If nothing else, I did relax very well in his office and God knows at the time I needed it...

D
      Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

I'm getting acupuncture too just now but not directly for dry eye. It's an interesting but expensive experience.
        Occupation - Optimistologist

Comment

Working...
        X