Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flared up for ten days now...after doing fine for awhile. Vent.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flared up for ten days now...after doing fine for awhile. Vent.

Just want to vent, since I'm sure others have been in the same boat as well. Was doing well for a period of about three months with my serum tears and steroid drops only for the occasional flareup. Until last week. It's going on ten days now and my eyes look horrible. At this point, the steroid drops don't seem to be doing much good, as I get more rebound redness from them.

The job has been unusually intense as it is our busy period, and I haven't managed stress well, admittedly. But I've gone a month like this in this state, and it just now decides to flare up? Seems it would have happened sooner.

The red veins don't seem to be going down much, and last time I had a flare like this a couple of them remained permanent. I feel like this condition is becoming disfiguring. (I know others have much worse in life, but yes, I am having a pity party right now.) Sitting here in goggles and still burning like crazy.

Anyone going through anything similar with stress and flareups? Just need to know I'm not alone....

Thanks for the support.

Hello No Tears

I am going through a lid flare that has been going on a whole month now. I couldn't sleep last night which makes things worse, laying awake worrying about my eyes. You are not alone. Before the flare I was in remission for months with my blepharitis and now my right lid is bright red and no matter what I do it won't go down even using Steroids. I am going to try not to stress about it (easier said then done) because the stress and worry makes it worse. Try to focus on your eyes getting better not focus on how they are worse right now. If you have gotten it down before u can do it again, it just takes time and patience. Both of which are difficult lol

Comment

Originally posted by No tears in ATL View Post
      Just want to vent, since I'm sure others have been in the same boat as well. Was doing well for a period of about three months with my serum tears and steroid drops only for the occasional flareup. Until last week. It's going on ten days now and my eyes look horrible. At this point, the steroid drops don't seem to be doing much good, as I get more rebound redness from them.

The job has been unusually intense as it is our busy period, and I haven't managed stress well, admittedly. But I've gone a month like this in this state, and it just now decides to flare up? Seems it would have happened sooner.

The red veins don't seem to be going down much, and last time I had a flare like this a couple of them remained permanent. I feel like this condition is becoming disfiguring. (I know others have much worse in life, but yes, I am having a pity party right now.) Sitting here in goggles and still burning like crazy.

Anyone going through anything similar with stress and flareups? Just need to know I'm not alone....

Thanks for the support.
      Stress can do so man things, and the optcian at the eye hospital says it is defenitely related. She sees it all the time. I think it can take some time for the stress hormones , like cortisol, to change after long term stress. Me for example, I have too low levels due to excausted adrenal glands due to long term stress. I am also worried I will loose my job due to this DES. Which doesnt help of course....

Comment

Originally posted by sunshinelover View Post
        Stress can do so man things, and the optcian at the eye hospital says it is defenitely related. She sees it all the time. I think it can take some time for the stress hormones , like cortisol, to change after long term stress. Me for example, I have too low levels due to excausted adrenal glands due to long term stress. I am also worried I will loose my job due to this DES. Which doesnt help of course....
        Faith and Sunshine (hey, that sounds like a great song title! thought I would try to inject some humor), I hope you get to feeling better soon. Good point about the cortisol thing. I imagine all the health issues associated with high cortisol don't show up until several weeks/months later. If only we could have work at home jobs that don't require staring at a screen! One can dream...

Comment

Working...
        X