X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visual symptoms with dry eye

Hello all,

I've heard some people experience visual symptoms associated with dry eye. I have currently have visual disturbances and am wondering if they are associated with dry eye or if there is something else wrong with my eyes. I've been to multiple docs who tell me my eyes look good (other than dryness), but I'm not so sure there isn't something deeper.

These are the symptoms I am having; can you please tell me if these are dry eye symptoms or not:

1. I can feel air on my eyeballs

2. Burning eyelid margin

3. General uncomfortable feeling in my eyes

4. Fluctuating vision

5. Eye fatigue (left eye gets especially tired looking at computer, etc.)

6. Vision seems worse in artificial and low lighting.

7. Trouble focusing

8. Light sensitivity

Thank you,

Matthew
    Last edited by jstrmereel; 05-Mar-2013, 17:57.

Most of those symptoms sound like classic dry eye to me. I've had all those symptoms apart from numbers 7 & 8 but there are plenty of people on these boards that have experienced those symptoms.

Comment

yea those are pretty common dry eye symptoms

Comment

Hi
        Have it all except from light sensitivity

Another LASIK VICTIM
        Cristina

Comment

Thank you for your replies!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jstrmereel View Post
            Thank you for your replies!!!
            I have all of them except #2 & #4.

Question for you sir... do you get after images/ghost images when you close your eyes?
            32/M ATD • Getting better every day!

Comment

Marty,

Yes, I do. However, I think that happened to me before I had dry eyes. Is that not somewhat normal?

I do seem to get more "after images" since my dry eye with my eyes OPEN. I think that may go with the light sensitivity part of it. You know, when you look at a light bulb or something, and your vision gets messed up. Or when you look at a computer screen and then quickly look away, you can still see the "ghost" image of the computer screen. Yeah, that seems to happen easier and more often to me now even with my eyes open.

Also, when I close my eyes, and "look" carefully, I see what looks like millions of tiny little particles floating all over. They typically seem to be moving in the same direction. I've always had this; not a dry eye or Lasik thing.

Matt

Comment

Working...
              X