Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Extremely painful aching in one eyes lacrimal gland, anyone know what it could be?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extremely painful aching in one eyes lacrimal gland, anyone know what it could be?

Got this suddenly a year ago, thought it was an infection but doctors said no. When this happened my eye also became way more dry.. It's only in one eye, what could it be?

have you checked to see if you dont have a blocked tear duct? you need a sinus scan.
    People have recovered, so can we.
    www.twitter.com/EyeGirlfriend)

Comment

Originally posted by waterbee View Post
      have you checked to see if you dont have a blocked tear duct? you need a sinus scan.
      It's very possible that I do have a blocked tear duct in the same eye, I suspect that I have a wrong type (external) punctal plug that has gone too far in, and now I've got an external on top of that. (I just got it reinserted after removing another one in the same place because I suspected it would be bad with 2 plugs like that, but it was too dry, if I do have a external punctal plug in the duct it is not blocking completely.

I'm interested by what manner a blocked tear duct could cause the pain where my lacrimal gland is, why do you ask, do you suspect something related to the blockage?

Why a sinus scan? Sounds interesting. I was at the hospital yesterday and we were talking about doing some sort of scan, not sure if it was sinus though.

Thanks for replying

Comment

you may have a small cyst in one sinus (since its very one sided) do you have also sinus pressure? im not an expert im afraid but i recently read about another forum user who had similar experience and it was missed until they had the scan, dispute an eye exam.

Comment

here is it, hope this helps. http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/forum...-eye-overnight

Comment

Working...
          X