Foreign body sensation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foreign body sensation

I have had this in one eye for the last couple of weeks - driving me mad! I know this can be a symptom of dry eye etc but Ive never had this before - even when they were at their worst.

It feels like theres a tiny little lump or something in the center of my upper eyelid that kind of scrapes against my eye when I blink. Im aware of it most of the time and Ive had a look under the lid but cant see anything.

Ive tried rinsing my eyes out several times and compresses etc but its still there - and extremely annoying.

Anyone else get this?

I had it, it was gone by the time I got to the eye doc to find out what it was. If you have had it for two weeks and it is still bugging you, I would go see your eye doc.
    Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

COULD be Giant Papillary Conjunctivitis.

http://www.emedicine.com/oph/topic87.htm

I'd probably get it checked. Easily diagnosed. Easily fixed.

Good luck!

Neil

Comment

yeah felt like that too

An optician used some tool on me to roll my eyelid up to check for any scarring etc causing this problem. It was DES causing the foreign body sensation.
        Occupation - Optimistologist

Comment

I've had the foreign sensation several times usually for a couple days steady for the last few years. You start to go crazy looking for little foreign objects in your eyes.... The first time I went to my eye doc for this, I was diagnosed with some kind of floaters, plus blepharitis. I'll find my paperwork at home tonight and update this response. I remember she had me soak my eyes three or four times a day (kind of hard to do when you work 9 to 10 hours a day in an office in front of a computer...) You are not alone, but if you have what I do, this is very treatable... I think the floaters had to do with the Meimobian gland blockage, but not sure. Stress overload at work right now... Best wishes!

Comment

Hi SusyD,

Update to my last message; google vitreous floaters. I agree with Kitty, you should probably see a Dr. Best of luck!

Comment

Working...
            X