Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• computer use and pain

Hi,

just curious if anyone else has eye pain when using a computer. I have, per my ophthalmologist, blepharitis and meibomian gland dysfunction

any amount of looking at a computer screen causes me a lot of eye pain - I'm wondering if this is common among people with dry eyes and/or meibomian gland dysfunction? I can't use a computer without using a glare screen.

Scott

I too experience increased eye pain when using the computer. DES often has photophobia (light sensitivity) associated with it, to my understanding due to inflammation of the cornea. That is why the glare screen helps. In addition, when you look at the computer you might not blink as often. This means fewer tears to coat your corneas, and as a result, more pain. This site has a blink reminder that you can download. I also found a program that alarms as often as I want, like every 15 minutes. At that time I take a break, blink, and put in drops if needed. Keep the drops going!
    Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Hi Scott,

I too, experience pain from computer usage (as I sit at work in front of the computer for 9 or more hours a day). As Kitty stated, be sure to keep blinking and take breaks. You are not alone. I have both dry eyes and blepharitis/mgd. My eyes seem to be flaring up again. What a bummer... I've upped my rice baggie treatments to every day, etc. One day at a time. My eyes look and feel like @#$%^&*&. From reading others input thru the DES, things can always be worse!!!

Comment

try this breaktime reminder!!!

http://www.inchwest.com/smartbreak.aspx.
        I have it pre-config'd to lock the screen every 15 mins, for 2 mins & it helps me a lot, 'cos without it its very hard to pull myself away from the computer.
        If only i had found it an year ago, it would have saved me a lot of pain.
        Well the good news is i found it, plus i found this site

Comment

Anothr thing

You might try a glare screen over your screen. My husband got me one at Staples Office Supply. It cuts down the glare. But any concentrated work at a computer is going to affect your eyes.

Billye

Comment

Working...
          X