Yoga....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yoga....

Do we have any yoga experts on the site?

I believe that yoga would help with alot of dry eye conditions....i dont know why..but I do....I know I sound a bit like a british opthalmologist in my vagueness....

I play alot of rugby and tennis and my eyes always feel better after a strenuous work out....but I have always suspected that the inner strength and flexibility acheived through serious yoga would directly benefit my eyes and perhaps work more effectively vs inflammations....certainly improved circulation.....for whilst being pretty fit ..my flexibility is far from impressive as I have found in the odd yoga class.

So do we have any Yoga experts.... surely this is the best form of exercise for the chosen (dryeye) ones? Can we develop a mystical new branch of yoga involving Tranquilleyes, Barleans oils and Dr Holly's drops?

Originally posted by Rory View Post
    So do we have any Yoga experts.... surely this is the best form of exercise for the chosen (dryeye) ones? Can we develop a mystical new branch of yoga involving Tranquilleyes, Barleans oils and Dr Holly's drops?
    I'm not a yoga expert, but I suspect you're onto something. I'll join you in the mystical new branch. Om.

Comment

Originally posted by Rory View Post
      Can we develop a mystical new branch of yoga involving Tranquilleyes, Barleans oils and Dr Holly's drops?
      LOL! Count me in.

Believe it or not there's a study about this, that a former member posted a year or so ago. Here's the study and here's the thread.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

I have found yoga to be a tremondous help, not so much with the dryness, but for mental health! My yoga teacher is aware of my condition and he has been so healing for me.

Comment

relaxation techniques

Yoga, in conjunction with chiropractic care, has helped me learn to identify and relax the muscles I had been scrunching up for years in response (reaction) to my chronic dry eye discomfort. With all that muscle scrunching and tensing at a minimum now, I just generally feel better all over. And I'm sleeping better.

For a long time following my lasik and in the midst of the worst of my eye problems, my husband would tell me that I always looked p***ed off when I slept - my face would be all scrunched up and my brow furrowed. I think I was subconsciously afraid of an erosion and that I'd yank open my eyes without wetting them first. But who knows, maybe I was just plain p***ed once in awhile .

Anyway, with yoga instruction, I have learned to relax my muscles at the first sign of tension. Having my shoulders in my ears never helped my dry eye .
          Cindy

"People may not always remember exactly what you said or what you did, but they will always remember how you made them feel." ~ Unknown

Comment

Anything that helps us relax is bound to reduce pain levels Does'nt yoga teach you mind over matter techniques ? Thats even better --
            Is' nt that how people in the east can walk on hot coals and sleep on beds of nails?
            I dont know much about these things,but could certainly use some of these mind over matter techniques to help overcome the symptoms of DE
            I do a lot of praying and that helps - particularly quiet meditation rather than feverish petition
            Does any one know definately if there is a psychosomatic element to DE ? One ophthalmologist when i asked him directly - said yes there was
            After all tears are an expression of emotion and if one eye is inflamed the other comes out in sympathy - that would lead me to believe there is a definate connection between the emotions and DE symptoms .Dont get me wrong - there is no way I think it is "all in our heads"It is VERY real but could we reduce our symptoms by using psycological techniques ??? I throw this open for discussion
            Last edited by stella; 25-Feb-2008, 14:45.

Comment

Working...
            X